Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems with previews in 5.3.10

lanopie

Ever since I installed version 5.3.10, when I open a saved sequence, I get the following message: Warning: these groups are in the sequence file but are not in the preview "Christmas 2019". They have been moved to the archive area where their sequence has been preserved:
Bigger Matrix.  When I check all my items, I'm missing some props and some props are not setup properly.  In order to get things right again, I choose Assign Different Preview, choose last year preview, accept the fact that a bunch of props are added to the sequence, then I do another Assign Different Preview and choose my 2019 preview and accept that a bunch of prop are going into archive.  I select all the props in the archive and delete them, now my sequence is clean and ready to go.  I keep saving and saving my sequence but every time I open them I get the same message over and over again.

I'm just wondering what will happen when I create my show if it's going to be a messed up preview or the right preview.  Not sure if this is a bug.  I reverted back to 5.3.8 and I was getting the same problems, so I went back to 5.3.10.  I have to say this is the first problem I encountered with version 5.

Anybody else having the same problems.

31 minutes ago, lanopie said:

Ever since I installed version 5.3.10, when I open a saved sequence, I get the following message: Warning: these groups are in the sequence file but are not in the preview "Christmas 2019". They have been moved to the archive area where their sequence has been preserved:
Bigger Matrix.  When I check all my items, I'm missing some props and some props are not setup properly.  In order to get things right again, I choose Assign Different Preview, choose last year preview, accept the fact that a bunch of props are added to the sequence, then I do another Assign Different Preview and choose my 2019 preview and accept that a bunch of prop are going into archive.  I select all the props in the archive and delete them, now my sequence is clean and ready to go.  I keep saving and saving my sequence but every time I open them I get the same message over and over again.

I'm just wondering what will happen when I create my show if it's going to be a messed up preview or the right preview.  Not sure if this is a bug.  I reverted back to 5.3.8 and I was getting the same problems, so I went back to 5.3.10.  I have to say this is the first problem I encountered with version 5.

Anybody else having the same problems.

I had the exact same problem but could not figure out why it happened. Reverting back to a previous version did not help. I did not delete my archived props. I put them back in the sequence and then copy and pasted them back on my elements and all is fine

The previews and the sequence seem to eat their own tail on occasions. The preview changes the sequence and the sequence changes the preview and you end up in this sort of loop.

If you dont already do it, make frequent backups of the preview.xml file in commondata. Its saved me from suicidal tendencies on several occasions.