Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating a sequence

jgcorl

So I just upgraded to the S5 sequencing suite and I had a question about how my lights will be recognized.  

1. I have a pixie 8 controller I intend to use with 8 CCR2 bands as a tree.  Now when I go to put this into the software, I can add it as a pixie 8 controller with strands, or as a tree.  If I set the unit ID to 10 in the hardware tool, will it automatically recognize the other 7 strands in sequence if I set it up as a tree?  Or should I just put it as a pixie 8 controller and edit each one independently?

2.  I have a few CCC2 boxes (dual outputs for my square RGB bulbs). Same question for my bulbs, because its almost like the software recognizes everything as ribbons.  How do I get it to recognize my bulbs as RGB bulbs and not ribbons?

Thanks in advance!

In the prop definition window, chose the type of tree you are creating. There are 8 types to choose from. I assume one of them reflects what you are creating. On the left side in the lights panels select RGB. On the right side in the channels window pick enter channel number on the first row  auto number the rest and you should be good to go. 

the same goes for your CCC2 boxes though the shape you pick most likely will be different.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevehoyt said:

In the prop definition window, chose the type of tree you are creating. There are 8 types to choose from. I assume one of them reflects what you are creating. On the left side in the lights panels select RGB. On the right side in the channels window pick enter channel number on the first row  auto number the rest and you should be good to go. 

the same goes for your CCC2 boxes though the shape you pick most likely will be different.

Thanks!  I was just making sure by doing that it would still read the controller ports the way it should.

9 minutes ago, jgcorl said:

Thanks!  I was just making sure by doing that it would still read the controller ports the way it should.

Your profile shows that you have a Standard license, none of that will work unless you upgrade to Pro. If you have upgraded then please update your profile.