Light-O-Rama Forums

No Audio When Playing a Show

Boater227

I created several sequences in S5 and they control lights and play audio fine when I am playing in the Sequence Editor.  When I put them together in a Show, I get no audio.  What directory does the Show Player look to for audio files?

Many thanks.

That is where I currently have all my songs.  Do the sequences files themselves have to be in a specific directory?  I have them all in separate sub-directories

Thanks!

the locations are defined by you. A good place to check what you have, would be open the sequence and use the one of the first 2 options under the "sequence" menu.

Choose either "sequence information" or "file references". It will tell you where each sequence is looking for the audio files.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure whether your issue is the same, but I found out after reading this forum that sequences are now compiled, and resulting compiled files are placed in a new directory.  In any event, mine seems to work now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boater227 said:

Not sure whether your issue is the same, but I found out after reading this forum that sequences are now compiled, and resulting compiled files are placed in a new directory.  In any event, mine seems to work now.

so in this case, what should I be looking for?  what was your fix?

I just followed direction in this post: 

Although I don't have a separate machine for editing and showing, it cleared up how the new S5 version is working.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, Boater227 said:

I just followed direction in this post: 

Although I don't have a separate machine for editing and showing, it cleared up how the new S5 version is working.

Did you move your audio, sequence files, or both to a particular folder?

I just did a test to see whether the Control Panel gives you an error if your compiled files under Light-o-Rama > LORInternal > Playback can't find your audio file.  If the original audio file can't be found (in my case I renamed it) the Control Panel gives you a bunch of error messages when you run the show On Demand from the Control Panel.  Are you getting to the point where your 3 files are compiled i.e., the xxx.play.lms and xxx.play.lms.lcs and xxx.play.lms.pe.lid files have been created?

I may be on to something but won’t know until i get home to test, but tell me your thoughts.   I feel like it has something to do with the file extensions of the show/sequences.  Loredit vs. LMS or LAS.  When i ran verifier, i kept getting errors saying the sequences wouldn’t load (.loredit)...... once i plugged in the .lms files, the verifier ok’d everything.  Of course i won’t know until i get home to run a physical test with everything hooked up.

any thoughts before hand?

thanks

I don't know if you have tried this, but start over from scratch. follow all these steps

Make sure shows are disabled, Red Lightbulb.

Open a sequence in sequencer and play it. Do the lights and audio work.  Click file/create playback files

If yes, close sequencer, and open show editor.

Press the Plus button.. Do you see the sequences. In 5.2.4 they should be play.lms extension, NOT loredit

If yes, add the  ONE sequence you just tested to the playlist and save it as a new name, say Test or something.

Make sure control panel is running.

Right click light bulb, and click on show on demand. Choose the show file you just created.

Show should play, and loop the single sequence.

What happens?

Edited by PhilMassey

UPDATE:  I got fed up, down graded to 5.2.4 and all is well just in time to light up the block this weekend!

Thanks for all you help and suggestions though.  hopefully the newest version will be bug free soon and we can use it more reliably