Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 fuses

XmasSteve

Hey everyone,

Was hoping to tap the vast knowledge of the user base to get some assistance on purchasing some fuses for my Pxie16 controllers. I ended up blowing 2 of the 4 amp fuses inside the controller and was able to replace them with the 1 replacement fuse I got with each controller but now I have no backups which is always worrisome.  :)

When I dig through Amazons website i found some 4 amp ATM fuses that appear to be the same blade size. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can find some replacement fuses?

1 minute ago, XmasSteve said:

Hey everyone,

Was hoping to tap the vast knowledge of the user base to get some assistance on purchasing some fuses for my Pxie16 controllers. I ended up blowing 2 of the 4 amp fuses inside the controller and was able to replace them with the 1 replacement fuse I got with each controller but now I have no backups which is always worrisome.  :)

When I dig through Amazons website i found some 4 amp ATM fuses that appear to be the same blade size. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can find some replacement fuses?

Your local Auto parts store will have them. Nothing special, they are "mini fuses".

JR

Yes ATM are what you want.  If you do NOT know why they blew, you should get a DC ammeter and measure the (all white) load on each circuit . Fuses will 'hold' 100% for hours, but many hours of that abuse, will weaken them.  (80% is the rule for long term loads).

Thank you everyone very much for the excellent answers... Found a good deal on Amazon for a pack of ATM fuses... As for why they blew... Lets just say I was a little stupid with my Halloween display and then doubled down on that stupidity to blow a 2nd fuse. Gonna chalk this up to a learning lesson  :)

• The topic was locked