Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding images causes layout to resize

Paul Masterson

I am trying to work on my 16 CCR pixel tree Superstar and I have the CCR mode layout selected (CCR in Normal Mode, Vertical, Straight, Full, Bottom). when I go to IMAGE SETUP and import an image file, my 16 string CCR tree become something massive to fit the image instead of letting me resize it. This has just recently started to occur, I don't remember this happening a month ago.

I've tried to change to different VISUALIZATION MODE files, but non look good and I actually have run into an issue where my text masking does not work on these configurations, only on the CCR mode.

This has really impact my ability to create any sequences. Anyone else seen this or know how to fix it so the auto-sizing does not occur?

Thanks

Edited by Paul Masterson

In the Image dialog box, underneath the "import image" button is a setting for "large" or "normal." Click on "normal" and the size will go back to 16 CCRs

But realize that you can resize the image while the grid is large. I often want the image to be larger than the size of the display so that I can scroll the image through the display. And you don't need to use the entire width of 64. Sometimes for my 16CCR sequences I want an image that is 20 rows wide, so I resize the part of the image I want to be 20 rows wide. Also, realize you can set a clip rectangle on the image as well so you only get the part of the image you want.

As for the text masking not working, what version are you running? Do all text masks stop working?

Hi @BrianBruderer

Thanks for the suggestion. I am running v5.3.2. Clicking on the normal size does not work. The scenario I have is:

•  Grid mode set to standard
  • Import image file (select any picture)
  •  Picture shows, frid size changes to Large
  •  If I select standard, the picture disappears and I need to import again

The only way I seem to get around it is to let it stay Large, select SET GRID BITMAP AND ADD IMAGE, then go to standard and hope it is the size I want.

I've been doing this for sometime and I never remember this cause and effect happening. I normally could import the image and resize the way you said. I'm thinking this is post some sort of upgrade.

When I put the import image button in there, I have always had it go to a large grid. I did not change that behavior.

I have fixed some bugs however, so you may want to update to v5.3.10

As mentioned, you can resize the image to something smaller even when the grid is large. Are you able to size the image smaller?

I could remote into your computer if you want, and I can see what is happening first hand. If you want to do that, send an email to brian@superstarlights.com

Also, it just occurred to me that in v5.3.10 you can specify the size of the "large" grid. I actually put that in for folks that wanted a grid larger than 64x50. But it also makes it so you can specify a smaller grid as well.

No, I am running 5.3.2. In  post in which you were announcing the pixel faces in SS, you noted how to move the SSEDIT over to v4 without issue. I'm guessing that I need to download the latest v5 from LOR and copy over SSEDIT from it to my actual LOR computer.

Thanks

Ok, I was confused at first but I think I know what you mean. You are running S4 but are using the SSEdit.exe from a 5.3.2 installation.

It turns out that the ability to resize the grid only happens if SSEdit.exe has been launched from the Sequencer in an S5 installation. So even if you got the latest SSEdit.exe it wouldn't resize your grid because you are not launching SSEdit.exe from the Sequencer.

But back to the original problem, I think what you are trying to figure out is how big to make your image after import because the grid has been made to be larger than your prop. Lets say you have a 16x50 grid for your actual prop. When importing an image the grid becomes "large" and will be 64x50.  Think of the leftmost 16 columns on the 64x50 grid as belonging to your 16x50 prop and all of the columns that extend to the right of your prop is just extra space to use if you want to. But if you just want your image to fill you 16x50 prop, then you will want to shrink the image and move it to the left so that it all fits into the leftmost 16x50 pixels.

If the above is not clear let me know. It is a lot easier to show how it works than to verbally describe it. We can set up a time for me to remote into your computer if you email me at brian@superstarlights.com

If you still want the latest SSEdit.exe then you can do what you said and download 5.3.10 and copy SSEdit.exe over to your S4 installation. Or you can email me at brian@superstarlights.com