Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie Controller recognition

bbig

I have four controllers connected to my system.  The first is a pixie2, second is a pixie16 followed by another pixie16 and a pixie8. I'm running ver 4.4.4 pro.

- All controllers are showing a solid red led indicator.

- All have been reset and the test pattern works on all.

- all cables have been checked and rechecked

- all worked fine yesterday.

- com port driver has been updated

- I tried different USB ports as well

- the network is set to 500.0k enhanced and I've tried other speeds.

- I've updated to the RS485-HS adapter

Issue - no matter what I do, the software will not recognize the pixie8 which is the last controller.  As mentioned above, the led is on solid, cables have been checked, and was working fine yesterday.  It had been added at unit ID 23 because everything up to that point had been taken.

I connected only that controller and went through the setup process to no avail.

I had a CMB24D controller do the same thing last week so I removed from the show.

I do get a COM port error upon reboot that says open serial port has failed - com port error that mentions com 4 which I am not using.

Any ideas?

You need a Pro license as they will not work on a Basic license. A Basic license doesn't allow enough Unit ID's to be assigned for the controllers you have.

If you do have a Pro license and your profile is not updated then the unit ID's should be:

Pixie2 - 1-2

Pixie16 - 3-12

Pixie16 - 13-22

Pixie8 - 23-2A

Edited by Mr. P

Yes, I upgraded this year to pro.  I think I fixed the issue but I don't i understand why it worked. I had the highest unit ID set to 39 because I also have a CMB24D.  However, just for kicks I increased the highest ID to 51 and it immediately found the controller at UI 40.  Could this be because I included the macro channels when converting from SS to SE?

1 hour ago, bbig said:

Yes, I upgraded this year to pro.  I think I fixed the issue but I don't i understand why it worked. I had the highest unit ID set to 39 because I also have a CMB24D.  However, just for kicks I increased the highest ID to 51 and it immediately found the controller at UI 40.  Could this be because I included the macro channels when converting from SS to SE?

Remember: We Id in HEX

40 is not after 39

there is 3A 3B 3C 3D 3E 3F in between

• The topic was locked