Light-O-Rama Forums

Export for Network

truelight

In the network preferences there is a button to import a configuration (It's a .LIV file). Is there a way to export a preview I've built in sequencer and import it in the network preferences? This would save a ton of time!

If not what can I export that would import here?

Thanks

You can save as many Network preferences as you like. The picture belows shows the different Preferences I have saved.

networks%20names.png

As you can see, I use many different Network Configurations for testing different controllers.

For shows I would use the network settings shown below for ALL networks to be active.

all%20networks.png

When I build a new prop in the garage and want to test only that prop instead of hauling out of my controllers, I only make the Network  that the controller I am testing active. No need to send info to controllers not currently present on the system.

diamnond%20network.png

I also have a NO Networks active config saved, this is helpful for testing Show Editor, Show on Demand on my Editing PC, before I move everything to my Show PC. If you have networks active and no controllers hooked up, then CommListner will throw out errors because it sees no controllers.

Be sure to load a All network preference when trying to get your show to run.

Hope this helps.

Alan...

• Thanks 2

Alan, I appreciate the reply and that is a great idea on setting things up separately for testing.  However, It seems like the only way to export is to put it all in network preferences first, then I can "save/export" and then import if needed.

I don't think I was clear though in my question. I'm using an entirely DMX network and I have right at 500 universes. This means I have to go in and set the IP address, labels and universe number 500 times. Since these things are all already set in my Sequencer preview I'd think you could export that and import it into the network? It seems like this should be possible even if it's through the CSV export.

Thanks all!