Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director problems

Sharpsburg Lights

I have two problems.  The first is that I have bought the pro version recently and it wants to save the file format in the loredit form.  I used the show creator and it doesn’t recognize the loredit to upload the files to an sd card.  It only recognizes the lms format. 

The second problem is the first lms sequence played fine but the second one had issues with the audio. The audio went into a loud screeching noise.  What do I need to do to the audio to make it mini director friendly. 

3 hours ago, Sharpsburg Lights said:

The first is that I have bought the pro version recently and it wants to save the file format in the loredit form.  I used the show creator and it doesn’t recognize the loredit to upload the files to an sd card.  It only recognizes the lms format. 

.LOREDIT files are the new name that S5 uses for the files that you edit.  Assuming that you are using 5.1.2 as your profile indicates, open the file in S5 Sequencer, and create playback files using Menu > File > Create Playback Files.  That will create the .lms files.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 11:21 AM, Sharpsburg Lights said:

I have two problems.  The first is that I have bought the pro version recently and it wants to save the file format in the loredit form.  I used the show creator and it doesn’t recognize the loredit to upload the files to an sd card.  It only recognizes the lms format. 

The second problem is the first lms sequence played fine but the second one had issues with the audio. The audio went into a loud screeching noise.  What do I need to do to the audio to make it mini director friendly. 

Did you figure out how to fix the issues because im having the same issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

I still need help.  I can run the show from a pc but the mini director isn’t working.  I have used hub to upload  the sequences and then created the sd card. (I formatted the sd card beforehand).   I can see the show and mp3 files on the sd card.  I also ran all the mp3 through audacity. I need help really bad.  Once I power it on I get nothing. 

Edited by Sharpsburg Lights

• 4 months later...
On 12/1/2019 at 7:43 PM, Sharpsburg Lights said:

I still need help.  I can run the show from a pc but the mini director isn’t working.  I have used hub to upload  the sequences and then created the sd card. (I formatted the sd card beforehand).   I can see the show and mp3 files on the sd card.  I also ran all the mp3 through audacity. I need help really bad.  Once I power it on I get nothing. 

What mfg  of SD card?

Kingston is the only one that I know works. PNY used to work but 3 years ago they stopped working. I use a director to run my matrix tune to announcement sign since its about 300' away. LOR has recommended Kingston. 

When the PNY's stopped working

1- I had the card written/ that was before the hub

2- placed the previous years PNY card in the director

3- had data status light but nothing else

4- kept spinning my wheels erasing, rewriting, nothing

5- contacted LOR HD and was refered to the Kingston card

6- luckily I was able to find the original card that came with the director

7- created the new card placed in director, all lights worked

Christmas 2019 was the first time I used the HUB it was so simple. Answered 2 questions and the card was written. I have used the HUB several time since without failure along with the Kingston SD card.

JR

Well that was an old thread that for some reason came out as "new content". LOL

Perhaps it will still help others.

JR

Yeah.  The hub ended up being the way to fix it.  I did switch out the sd card as well.  

• The topic was locked