Light-O-Rama Forums

Music but no lights

GrenzTravis

I just added my first song of the year. I am running a show with all songs from last year so far besides this new one. I tested out the song from S5 sequencer and it worked fine. I added it to my show and when it comes time for it to play it plays the music but no lights. I am using the MIIP program. I followed all of the instructions on it in order to add the song to the show. Please let me know what you guys think the issue is. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 hour ago, GrenzTravis said:

I just added my first song of the year. I am running a show with all songs from last year so far besides this new one. I tested out the song from S5 sequencer and it worked fine. I added it to my show and when it comes time for it to play it plays the music but no lights. I am using the MIIP program. I followed all of the instructions on it in order to add the song to the show. Please let me know what you guys think the issue is. Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you tested one of the working sequences from last year?

Thats where I would start.

If that doesn’t work You should look at your networks.

JR

13 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Have you tested one of the working sequences from last year?

Thats where I would start.

If that doesn’t work You should look at your networks.

JR

Yes. All other sequences are working

Not sure about S5 but do you have the “verifier”? 

On the MIIP there is also a verify tool that will generate a report to Bob as well.

Did you at the sequence to the show in MIIP? Do you see it there? 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Not sure about S5 but do you have the “verifier”? 

On the MIIP there is also a verify tool that will generate a report to Bob as well.

Did you at the sequence to the show in MIIP? Do you see it there? 

JR

I do have the song verifier. When I run it, it says that all of the other sequences are not found and that the new song is too short. I tried to send a screenshot of it to my email this morning before work and it didn't come through. I will not be to my computer until this afternoon.

8 hours ago, GrenzTravis said:

I do have the song verifier. When I run it, it says that all of the other sequences are not found and that the new song is too short. I tried to send a screenshot of it to my email this morning before work and it didn't come through. I will not be to my computer until this afternoon.

Capture.PNG

I am looking into this now.   I see you are on 5.3.10 which has different file extensions and is failing the verifier.   It appears you are wanting to use mixed files,  some old and some new.   At the moment I am thinking MIIP will not support that but I will see what I can do for you.   FYI  I am not using S5 so I need to rely on testers to make adjustments.  

I run Miip. I also see the sequence not found error on all my sequences, but they do play fine. I think that is due to problems detecting the new LOR file format

I also find issues with the files created by 5.3.x, with or without Miip. My solution was to downgrade to 5.2.4 which still uses the previous file formats. You have to create the playback files manually, in the file menu. Those playback files work fine for me with or without Miip.

So far, and this has been going on a long time, there has been no word from Lor on the matter.

You may also have an issue with a missing or corrupt audio file on the one sequence. I would recreate the audio, and re associate it with the sequence file 

BobO will probably add more info 

Hey everyone. Thanks for your help. I ended up going back to 5.2.4 and everything works as it should. Thanks for the suggestion Phil!

• The topic was locked