Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Software Help

Bob Rogers

I am updating my LOR system from a Windows 7 laptop to a newer unit.  Also the screen is broken. I have spent the last several months moving all the songs and sequences over to the new laptop.  I am still having difficulties and have reached my limit in both patience and abilities.  Is there someone is the Central Florida area that can make this work.  I would be willing to ship the laptop to you or deliver it.  I currently run 3 16 channel controllers on the old laptop but cannot get them to run with the new machine.  Please HELP.

BobRogers32725@yahoo.com

386-748-3153

3 hours ago, Bob Rogers said:

I am updating my LOR system from a Windows 7 laptop to a newer unit.  Also the screen is broken. I have spent the last several months moving all the songs and sequences over to the new laptop.  I am still having difficulties and have reached my limit in both patience and abilities.  Is there someone is the Central Florida area that can make this work.  I would be willing to ship the laptop to you or deliver it.  I currently run 3 16 channel controllers on the old laptop but cannot get them to run with the new machine.  Please HELP.

BobRogers32725@yahoo.com

386-748-3153

Can you explain in a little more detail, here or in PM?

It shouldn’t be that difficult

Id the show worked on another windows platform it should work on 7.

Also I cant see your license version and level on my phone, do you mind posting it as well?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Also I cant see your license version and level on my phone, do you mind posting it as well?

JR

• LOR Software Version:5.3.6
  • License Level:Basic Plus

all 3 of my controllers are CTB16PCg3.  My license is version 4.8 level 2000 Basic Plus

It runs on the old laptop but in moving to the new laptop I seem to have file problems.  nothing shows up in the available files for the Show Builder.  Old system was Comm 3, new system is Comm 4.  I can get an individual song to play thru the Sequence Editor but only 1 at a time.

Sorry, in your profile you have your version as 5.3.6 which I was trying to help pass on.

In the Show Editor which tab are you trying to add the songs to?

In the Show Editor when you click the + to add a song and the select window opens, what is the drop-down to right of the filename saying? Does it say "Musical Sequences?

Are you in the Background tab? I believe that only allows Animation sequences, not Musical Sequences.

If you are still on version 4, did you try backing up the files into another directory (for safekeeping only), then open a song in the sequence editor, play it, then do a Save As and write over the old file?  Then try and add it in the Show Editor?

Edited by MichRX7

22 minutes ago, Bob Rogers said:

all 3 of my controllers are CTB16PCg3.  My license is version 4.8 level 2000 Basic Plus

It runs on the old laptop but in moving to the new laptop I seem to have file problems.  nothing shows up in the available files for the Show Builder.  Old system was Comm 3, new system is Comm 4.  I can get an individual song to play thru the Sequence Editor but only 1 at a time.

In show builder are you selecting the correct tab?

There are several tabs I cannot remember the different tabs but selecting the correct tab should solve your problem

I know one of the tabs says “animation” so if you see that one you are in the right place. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

If you are in S4 the only files you need to transfer are the .lms files and your mp3 songs. Copy them from the LOR folders on the old computer to a stick and install them in the same folder s on the new computer. When you open the .lms file on the new computer you may need to attach the music again and when you save the file to close it will make all the extra files again.

The reason you may have issues finding things on the new computer is because the file and folder paths on the new computer are not exactly the same as the old computer. When you save a sequence the file path is saved with it so that is why I say only transfer the .lms files and mp3 files and open and save the files on the new computer so it saves the new paths.

• The topic was locked