Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar with 24 X 25 Pixel tree effects are not centered in middle of tree

TexasLights

I have tried to do a few things with SuperStar, launching from Sequence Editior.  Some of them come out Okay, but I was trying to follow a couple of the tutorials and I don't get what I expected.   

for example, if I do morphs separating, the center is at the bottom of the tree and I see just the upper half of the effect.   Other effects behave similar.      It seems like it is expecting 50 rows not 25.   I have tried a few different prop settings and I am using 270 tree now and it looks good on the display.   I also switched to CCR mode from visualization just to see and that switches to 50 pixels per column. 

My equipment, pixie 8 with 12 X 50 strings, connected as 6 segments of 100 folded 3 times for a total of 24 X 25 for the tree,  

Sequence Editor seems to work fine with the effects it generates and what I see is what I get on the tree when playing the sequence.  

I am just hoping I am missing some setting?

You are correct that in "Instant Sequence" the starting positions of many of the effects works best on ribbons of length of 50 pixels.

You could try using Auto Sequence instead of Instant Sequence. Auto Sequence takes a little longer to learn but it is much more versatile and does not have limitations on number of rows or columns. There are some video tutorials on "Auto Sequence" in the SuperStar group of tutorials.

OK - will play some with that too - at least I know why it wasn't getting what I expected.... 

For fun, I created a fake prop which was 12X50 instead and used instant sequence on that.  

Than after getting back to sequencer, I copy/paste it from the sim prop to the real one.   

It does a good job but obviously not what you expected it to look like.    

just in case someone reads this post, after trying a few times, the copy/paste didn't work as expected - it didn't map exactly so not all pixels were active.  

but what did work somewhat better is that I change the original tree to 12 x 50 lights and the results are a lot more in line with what you would expect with obvious differences from expectations..  

Thanks again (maybe next year, will go bigger)