Light-O-Rama Forums

ALITOVE WS2811 RGB LED Pixels

metallus2000

Does anyone have any experience with ALITOVE WS2811 RGB LED Pixels? I realize they probably not as good as Lightorama/wowlights/holidaycoro, but they might be a quick fix for getting started with RGB.

I currently have 22 strands of Lightorama C9 5v, but looking to beef up an area just for this season. The price on Amazon is pretty good.

They look like pretty standard WS 2811 Chinese pixels. They should work with your existing pixels if they are 2811, and 5 volt. There is a likelyhood that the colors may be slightly different and they are not C9 style.

55 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

They look like pretty standard WS 2811 Chinese pixels. They should work with your existing pixels if they are 2811, and 5 volt. There is a likelyhood that the colors may be slightly different and they are not C9 style.

Also found these, probably similar. I'll try one 5o count string to see. Alling 500pcs 12V WS2811 LED Pixel String Lights. These came with the proper pigtails.

The new area is a 12v system, won't be working with the 5v C-9's I have.

Edited by metallus2000
clarification

20 minutes ago, metallus2000 said:

Also found these, probably similar. I'll try one 5o count string to see. Alling 500pcs 12V WS2811 LED Pixel String Lights. These came with the proper pigtails.

The new area is a 12v system, won't be working with the 5v C-9's I have.

The connector is similar to that used by others (and the pins appear to be the same), BUT the SEX of in and out might be different. (there are both combinations of the threaded end  with pins and some with sockets. The Threaded end being Data IN or DATA Out.)  It is most important to pick a vendor and stay. 

(I was looking at that brand also, but I THINK IT HAS THE 'END' PROBLEM   Keeping things here  'idiot proof' is becoming very important (vision is going south. fast)

7 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

The connector is similar to that used by others (and the pins appear to be the same), BUT the SEX of in and out might be different. (there are both combinations of the threaded end  with pins and some with sockets. The Threaded end being Data IN or DATA Out.)  It is most important to pick a vendor and stay. 

(I was looking at that brand also, but I THINK IT HAS THE 'END' PROBLEM   Keeping things here  'idiot proof' is becoming very important (vision is going south. fast)

Yep, two cataract surgeries this year...

I'll see if it's worth it, and let everyone know.

• The topic was locked