Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing color on copy/paste

Sctiger

As usual, I may have overestimated my ability and underestimated my time with getting things done. This is my first year with RGB lights. After much trial and error, I've figured out a few tricks with copying and pasting. The only thing I can't figure out, and I'm not sure if it's even possible, is how can I copy a section of the sequence from one RGB controller and paste to another RGB controller and then change the color of the entire pasted portion of the sequence? (i.e. Red in controller 1 and Green in controller 2). 

Edited by Sctiger

If the RGB channels are grouped together, you can change the color of the first channel and then copy that whole row, then Paste Multiple, down as many rows as you choose.

If they are not grouped together, create a new group for each controller or prop or whatever, to allow contiguous pasting down.

Yeah, the paste multiple function has been my friend. In my laziness, I was just hoping there was some sort of magic function that could just change the color of the whole pasted section for me. lol Thanks

If you are pasting a primary color you can do this. So if channel 1 is red, expand the channel, copy the red section. Then expand channel 2 and paste in the green section. Then you can copy/paste multiple by selecting both channels main bar and paste multiple and your channels should go red green red green, etc...