Light-O-Rama Forums

New to Light o Rama

primegrimes

Honestly, you are late for this year. My recommendation would be to download the software, play with it, learn it and then buy your stuff at the Spring Sale. This way when you get the stuff you will know how to use it and you will have made a decision on what you want and not what we tell you.

27 minutes ago, GrannyOntheCheap said:

Where do you download the software from?

The Light-o-rama store.  It runs in Demo mode, which means you can't control lights or use any of the advanced features. But it gives you a feel of the basics.

Are you planning on Dumb RGB or AC?  The lower levels might do you (to start 😈 ). Toss any Pixels into that picture and you are at the upper end. PRO

On 10/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, primegrimes said:

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this this year. What would be a great starter kit for me?

It is late in the year but if you purchased a starter kit and a few light o rama sequences you could easily do a 16 channel show. My first year was 2012 and I did this is exact same thing. I waited until the first of November and bought a controller and the rest of the needed hardware. I purchased a few sequences and had my show running on Thanksgiving night. The following year I added items and did all my own sequencing. It can be done but keep in mind you will spend a few dollars to make it happen. Good luck,

Eric

• Like 1