Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble testing sequences

RyanB123

This is my first year using a light o Rama controller for my Christmas display and I have my sequences all ready to be placed in a show but when I go to play them and test the lights to them the green led blinks. When I use the hardware my controller seems to have great communication being able to test the lights but once I exit the hardware the led on the controller starts to blink green. Please help me with a way to fix this as this is all new to me ! Thank you !!

27 minutes ago, RyanB123 said:

This is my first year using a light o Rama controller for my Christmas display and I have my sequences all ready to be placed in a show but when I go to play them and test the lights to them the green led blinks. When I use the hardware my controller seems to have great communication being able to test the lights but once I exit the hardware the led on the controller starts to blink green. Please help me with a way to fix this as this is all new to me ! Thank you !!

Did you start the LOR Control Panel (which starts the Listener, which also keeps the green light steady)

7 hours ago, RyanB123 said:

When you test them in the SE, do you have TURN LIGHTS ON checked?  

And is the LOR light bulb {should be red if no show is running} showing on the taskbar at the lower right side of your screen?   If it's blue, then you have a show enabled and the SE will not work. 

And if you have NO LOR LIGHT BULB icon on the taskbar, you have NOT LOADED the CONTROL PANEL for LOR to work.   The Hardware Utility is back door and will always work whether or not the LOR Bulb Icon is showing or not. 

HU will always talk to your controllers, no matter what.   So if you don't have the Lights On box checked in the SE, then your sequences WILL NOT turn the controller L.E.D. from blinking to solid, and even if checked, but the LOR Control Panel is not running, the same results will occur.

Look in the Light-O-Rama folder and locate the Light-O-Rama Control Panel program and run it.  Once running you should see the RED LOR Light Bulb icon appear on your task bar{lower right side}.  Once you have that done, then load the SE,  once open, load a sequence into the SE, now click on the Play tab at the top of the SE screen, no scroll your mouse down to Control Lights and click on the box or the words "Control Lights", this will check and turn the Controller L.E.D. from blinking to solid.   Now play your sequence and your controller should now control your lights.

Now if you do the above and still do not get the red LOR Light Bulb icon, then you may need to load and run the FTDI Drivers.  If these are NOT installed the SE, nor any other LOR program {EXCEPT the Hardware Utility} WILL NOT run or control lights.  So if you have never installed the FTDI USB Drivers, you will need to do that before you can get the SE to control lights or get a show running.

If you need to download and install the latest and newest FTDI Drivers, they can be found here:

Get the correct one for your version of Windows. I used the first one and it works for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and some other versions. Read the footnote at the bottom marked with a * for more info and details.

This version is 2.12.28 and dated 08.30.2017 and is available for 32 bit and 64 bit Windows Systems.  It contaons both the VCP and D2xx, both of which I have installed on my Windows 7 32 bit system.

Good Luck and please let us know how you make out.

Edited by Orville

On 10/29/2019 at 1:49 AM, Orville said:

When you test them in the SE, do you have TURN LIGHTS ON checked?  

And is the LOR light bulb {should be red if no show is running} showing on the taskbar at the lower right side of your screen?   If it's blue, then you have a show enabled and the SE will not work. 

And if you have NO LOR LIGHT BULB icon on the taskbar, you have NOT LOADED the CONTROL PANEL for LOR to work.   The Hardware Utility is back door and will always work whether or not the LOR Bulb Icon is showing or not. 

HU will always talk to your controllers, no matter what.   So if you don't have the Lights On box checked in the SE, then your sequences WILL NOT turn the controller L.E.D. from blinking to solid, and even if checked, but the LOR Control Panel is not running, the same results will occur.

Look in the Light-O-Rama folder and locate the Light-O-Rama Control Panel program and run it.  Once running you should see the RED LOR Light Bulb icon appear on your task bar{lower right side}.  Once you have that done, then load the SE,  once open, load a sequence into the SE, now click on the Play tab at the top of the SE screen, no scroll your mouse down to Control Lights and click on the box or the words "Control Lights", this will check and turn the Controller L.E.D. from blinking to solid.   Now play your sequence and your controller should now control your lights.

Now if you do the above and still do not get the red LOR Light Bulb icon, then you may need to load and run the FTDI Drivers.  If these are NOT installed the SE, nor any other LOR program {EXCEPT the Hardware Utility} WILL NOT run or control lights.  So if you have never installed the FTDI USB Drivers, you will need to do that before you can get the SE to control lights or get a show running.

If you need to download and install the latest and newest FTDI Drivers, they can be found here:

Get the correct one for your version of Windows. I used the first one and it works for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and some other versions. Read the footnote at the bottom marked with a * for more info and details.

This version is 2.12.28 and dated 08.30.2017 and is available for 32 bit and 64 bit Windows Systems.  It contaons both the VCP and D2xx, both of which I have installed on my Windows 7 32 bit system.

Good Luck and please let us know how you make out.

Thank you for the help worked out great! 

On 10/28/2019 at 7:08 PM, TheDucks said:

Did you start the LOR Control Panel (which starts the Listener, which also keeps the green light steady)

Worked out great ! Thanks for all the help!

• The topic was locked