Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing Previews

Bizywk

I spent a big portion of the Halloween season battling S5 conversion issues.  One of those was the continuous interaction between the preview and the sequences.  Little errors in renaming and typos between the visualizer file and the sequences were largely transparent in LOR S4 but make a HUGE difference in the new software as it keeps archiving props.    

Learning my lesson and wanting to set myself up for success with the new DMX features in S5, I spent the day rebuilding my Christmas Preview (The new version of a visualizer file) before I started converting any of my old Christmas sequences.   When the new preview appeared perfect, I copied it again for a back-up.   Preparing for the next step: Running through the conversion process for a large number of sequences, I then I reset my home directory to my Christmas directory to have fewer mouse clicks.  Problem was, once I reset the directory, I lost all my previews including all my Halloween previews and can't find them anywhere. 

Does anyone know where I can look to find them to "Import" them back in as a preview?    File searches for "*.LORPREV" files won't work.

Unless you have exported a preview, you won't find it as a LORPREV file.  The previews that are shown in the tab when you are in the sequencer are in your LOR directory in the "CommonData" subfolder.  There is a file named LORPreviews.xml that has all the information.  I have taken to copying it to a backup location nearly daily just to be safe as I keep working on both my Halloween and Xmas shows!  I also just copy it to the CommonData folder on the other 2 computers that I use. (Home computer, Office computer, Show computer).  Otherwise, I would end up with different Previews on each computer.

Hope that helps - PJD

Found it.    I like this tool and I will keep it handy for the future.  

Im not sure it was helpful in this case, because I realized that I kept copying all my files everytime I tried to find my old default file location.   Ugh.    Lots of clean-up to do now, but at least I don't have to redo my whole preview.  

Thanks.

Dave