Light-O-Rama Forums

Duplicate Channels in Grid

DocBrown86

I created 8 strings of lights in the preview design and set the channel numbers. Later on I changed the channel numbers to what I now need them to be, but in the Sequencer design area I have 2 of each. One set appears to have a cog wheel to the left of the name with the newest channel assignments, and the other set has an '@' symbol to the left and has retained the old channel numbers. Only one set ( the accurate set) shows up in the Preview Design.

What does the '@' symbol mean, how did I end up with it, and how do I get rid of these duplicates without removing the correct ones?

I discovered they were Archived Props.

I would still like to know how I made those that way and what they are for.

Thanks!

S5 Creates an archive prop with the original.  A copy of the preview is stored with the sequence so it will remember old props.  Archive props are stored in case you later find the update or change is not working.  It allowes you to go back the the archive - think of it like a backup.  Once you are sure you will not need the archive prop, you can simply delete.  There is also a tool under "Squence" called, "Manger Archived Props" that may make is easier to work with the archves.  If it is only one then it isn't a big deal but, for example, you complete redo your preview for next year, when you change to the new preview, all the old props will be archieved.  Once you are sure you won't need them, you can simply delete them but it it turns out some of the archieved props may be useful, you can bring them back to life..