Light-O-Rama Forums

enhanced network

alltoolcool

this question may have been answered before but here it goes 

how many pixels can be run one one enhanced network 

I have a

2 pixie 16 controllers both of them running 1600 pixels  I am thinking of running  these two on 1 enhanced network

pixie 8 controller running 600 pixels , pixie 4 controller 400 pixels, 4 ccb100d   total of 400 pixels. I am thinking of running these off of 2nd enhanced network

4 ctb16pc  controllers I know that these have to run on reg lor network as they olderunits and cannot run on enhanced. 2 cmb24d controllers, I am thinking of running these on reg lor network

please let me know what you think

I would think as long as you have the correct power requirements for the pixels, you should be fine running all that on one HS Enhanced Network.  But since I only have 5 RGB Controllers and 190 strands of RGB pixels 1500 pixels, I know that my show runs fine on one HS Enhanced AUX A network.  And I would still feel comfortable adding another 5 to 10 RGB Controllers to that same network.

Hopefully those with larger numbers of pixels and the type controllers you have will chime in here soon.  But in my mind, I don't think this would really be an issue for you as long as the power requirements are met.

Treat the CMB24 as you would you CTB16's (network wise).  They just  have 24 channels (RGB uses those in sets of 3) , instead of 16.

You can put a LOT of these on a single network. I would run that network at the fastest that the slowest can tolerate ( I think old ctb's can do 115K). NO Enhanced if you have Gen2 CTB's

On 10/27/2019 at 7:34 AM, alltoolcool said:

this question may have been answered before but here it goes 

how many pixels can be run one one enhanced network 

I have a

2 pixie 16 controllers both of them running 1600 pixels  I am thinking of running  these two on 1 enhanced network

pixie 8 controller running 600 pixels , pixie 4 controller 400 pixels, 4 ccb100d   total of 400 pixels. I am thinking of running these off of 2nd enhanced network

4 ctb16pc  controllers I know that these have to run on reg lor network as they olderunits and cannot run on enhanced. 2 cmb24d controllers, I am thinking of running these on reg lor network

please let me know what you think

Yes you should split the networks. In your case 3 may be best. Your 2 pixie16's with 3200 is above the 2400 recommended. If they are not running full power they could be fine however why chance it. A powered USB hub is affordable and networks easy to add.

JR

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 5:34 AM, alltoolcool said:

Two fully loaded Pixel 16s on one network is pushing it.  The other complication is that the CCB controllers can't run at 1000K speed.  So you really need to run a total of four networks.

1)  One Pixie 16, and one Pixie 8 at 1000K Enhanced (2,400 pixels / 7,200 channels)

2)  One Pixie 16, and one Pixie 4 at 1000K Enhanced (2,000 pixels / 6,000 channels)

3) Four CCB100D, and two CMB24D at 500K Enhanced (416 pixels / 1,248 channels)

4) Four CTB16 at 115K Non-Enhanced (64 channels)

One thing to keep in mind is that anything that was sequenced using Motion Effects MUST be on an Enhanced network.

To echo my friends above.    Adding networks is easy once you have a hub you can add more red adapters.   At least three networks and four if able.   I would put each pixie 16 on its own,  then all other pixies, and finally the ac and cmb controllers.    If you want to do three,  put one pixie 16 with a pixie 8 instead of 3200 on one network. 

How do you physically create the additional networks?  I have multiple RS485's but no matter how many I hook up at the same time I can only see 1 of them on com3.

6 minutes ago, Scott Belanger said:

How do you physically create the additional networks?  I have multiple RS485's but no matter how many I hook up at the same time I can only see 1 of them on com3.

The additional networks won't be all on Com3.  Each USB to RS485 adapter will have it's own Comm port number.  In my opinion, easiest way to positively determine the Comm Port numbers for each adapter, check out the Windows Device Manager.  Plug in one adapter and note what Comm Port appears.  Repeat with each adapter.  Then in Network Preferences, you set the Comm port number for each network.  For example, in the screen capture below, my Regular network is using Com 3, my AuxA network uses Com 4, and my AuxB network uses Com5.

S5_Network_Prefs-3_LOR_networks.png

Be sure to Tag EACH adapter with the LOR net name. If you later attach a single adapter: Never click the Use this for Show box that shows in HU. That resets that one to REGULAR :(

HU will work just fine: simply pick the adapters Com# from the list on the Left  (the reason for labeling each as used)

• The topic was locked