Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert a CCR sequence to a DMX sequence

Shadow62672

You have to add the Alphapix controller to your current sequences. There is an easy way which just adds the DMX controller channels to the bottom of your existing sequences but leaves all the CCR channels. For the more experienced there is a harder way where you can replace the ccr channels with DMX channels so your sequence has a cleaner look.

Okay, now I am totally lost. Lets start this post over. Tell us what you currently have and what you want to do. Tell us as much detail as you can.

26 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Okay, now I am totally lost. Lets start this post over. Tell us what you currently have and what you want to do. Tell us as much detail as you can.

That's a game changer and would fit well with your signature

JR

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

sent you a pm

JR

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I haven't been reading this one..   there are so many replies !  The busy season must be here. 

Ok. I bought a 16 ribbon tree package from WoW lights. It’s a PixCon16 controller. I can’t get my sequences I currently have that are written for CCR ribbons to work on this particular controller. I am stumped on what I need to change in the sequence to get it to run in DMX. 

hey   you quoted me    Do I have to read all this now?   Not sure I want to. 

Are you keeping the CCR ribbons?   And adding 16 more ribbons?      OR  Dumping existing 16 CCR ribbons and want to use those effects from prior years sequences on the new DMX ribbons? 

IF your old sequences have 16 consecutive CCRs... what you do is add a pixcon 16 ABOVE the old CCRs.  Then copy the effects from the 16 CCRs up to the new Ribbons.  Then delete the 16 CCRS.   Then export the config .

Then import the config you just saved into your sequences 

AddDevicePixCon.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO

17 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

hey   you quoted me    Do I have to read all this now?   Not sure I want to. 

Are you keeping the CCR ribbons?   And adding 16 more ribbons?      OR  Dumping existing 16 CCR ribbons and want to use those effects from prior years sequences on the new DMX ribbons? 

IF your old sequences have 16 consecutive CCRs... what you do is add a pixcon 16 ABOVE the old CCRs.  Then copy the effects from the 16 CCRs up to the new Ribbons.  Then delete the 16 CCRS.   Then export the config .

Then import the config you just saved into your sequences 

AddDevicePixCon.jpg

Perfect! Worked like a charm. I added the controller below instead of above and left the universe at 170 vs 50. Thank you again!

Great !     Please confirm its all good before importing to other sequences.  If by chance you had CCR macro channels defined, your effects could be off by 7 channels for each controller.