Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb RGB & CCR-I not working

Joe T

Using S5.3.8 with Pro license. All controllers work when testing through the Hardware Utility. When I run a sequence, AC lights running through CBT16 work fine on the regular enhanced network, as do all the pixels on my E1.31network. I have a CMB24 on the regular network and those dumb lights do not come on during playback, neither do the CCRs (type-1). I've double checked and the unit IDs in the preview match what the the hardware utility says. I'm stumped. Why won't these ribbons come on during playback?

LOR Network.png

Prop Definition.png

Which lights are you referring to and a bit more on your configuration would be helpful. Also, how is you S5 Preview set up?  What version of Windows?

Several possibilities with S5.3, not playing nice in windows for some reason... silence from LOR on what to expect other than something is haywire.

Edited by Rockhammer53

I am using Windows 10, and did last year as well (no problems). These lights/controllers have worked fine the last few years using S4. The only thing is that I changed this year is to upgrade to S5.

The lights I am referring to that don't work are the dumb RGB light strips I bought from LOR when I purchased the CMB24D controller and the CCR strips (version1). I believe I have always run my regular network at 57K with no problems. But I will try stepping up the speed to see what happens. I am using the red RS485-HS high speed dongle.  The CMB24D is unit 5, the CCRs are 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Preview Design - a.png

(the CMB will run at 57K, but why keep it there when you have multiple devices on THAT network?  everything there will do 115K  )

Does HU find the CMB24? Does it have the latest FW (1.05)?