Light-O-Rama Forums

.LMS vs .LOEREDIT / Playback files in S5

MRairden

This must be the simplest questions but I can not find an exact answer. I already unfortunately made the switch from S4 to S5.3. I save my sequences which show up as .LOREDIT files. How exactly do you trigger light-o-rama to create the playback files necessary to play a show? 

I understand there's two ways? One of which causes lag between sequences while creating playback files. Another where you play the sequence, but where? Enable show or just sit there and play it in the sequence editor while connected to my LOR network?

Some how I got one track to work and don't even know how I did it. 

Create a show of all your sequence loredit files. Play it as a show on demand. Go to dinner, it may take a while to create the playback files. In options choose to "load all files before play. If you find delays try  load as needed.

After it has run through once, it SHOULD play with no delays between songs. There is little documentation on all this yet, just what is being talked about in here.

All the playback files will be created in the Lorinternal folder. Good luck

Getting that groundhog day feeling again.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, PhilMassey said:

Create a show of all your sequence loredit files. Play it as a show on demand. Go to dinner, it may take a while to create the playback files. In options choose to "load all files before play. If you find delays try  load as needed.

After it has run through once, it SHOULD play with no delays between songs. There is little documentation on all this yet, just what is being talked about in here.

All the playback files will be created in the Lorinternal folder. Good luck

Getting that groundhog day feeling again.

Phil,

Say I have done this and later I want to add just one more sequence to my show. Do you know if I would need to do it all over again or is there a way to just add the 1 sequence so I am not creating new playback files for the ones I have already created? If you know, please advise. Thanks, 

Eric