Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller won't respond after installation of S5 software

Big_Al

I just upgraded my software from S3 to S5.  re-setup my controllers in the hardware utility and everything works fine when I turn my lights on and off with the Control Panel.  However if I exit out of the hardware utility the com LEDs in the controllers start blinking from solid on.  If I leave the hardware utility running the controllers will respond to the sequences while they are playing.  What am I doing wrong?  

Big Al

It is quite a bit different in s5.

Try looking at the help info http://www.lightorama.com/help/

A good place to start might be the Network Prefences and Comm Listener section near the bottom of the index list.

Also be sure everything is defined correctly in your preview.

4 hours ago, Big_Al said:

I just upgraded my software from S3 to S5.  re-setup my controllers in the hardware utility and everything works fine when I turn my lights on and off with the Control Panel.  However if I exit out of the hardware utility the com LEDs in the controllers start blinking from solid on.  If I leave the hardware utility running the controllers will respond to the sequences while they are playing.  What am I doing wrong?  

Big Al

Preview Props and Network Preferences MUST be set correctly, A bit more detail on the types of controllers you are trying to run would be helpful, even a bit more detail on NP setup.

You also may want to upgrade to Advanced or Pro for further functionality if you are thinking about pixels. S5 is a very different environment.