Light-O-Rama Forums

No play back with Show and show on Demand Help

Box on Rails

I am using the latest S5 version and and none of my show files play back my musical sequences. According to the log they all loaded but no playback. All sequences play back perfect when I use the sequence editor to control my lights. I set up a one song show file to test with and nothing the log says everything is loading. the choices for disabling the show are highlighted so light O Rama player is recognizing that the show file loaded but nothing to the lights and sound. Maybe one of you out there can help. Here is the last log after loading the one song test show. 

log.bmp

Well it seems the log really means nothing. I used the Verifier to figure out that the .lms file is not loading. Because there is no .lms file. I went into my file explorer and noticed that all my .lms files from 2018 are still there but all the new one saved for this years show using S5 are no where to be found. I guess when I save the newly created sequence in S5 it saves as an .loredit file. I tried to load the .loredit file into the verifier and it did not see these files in the folder I have them. How do I get the .loredit files converted to .lms files in less then 3 hours?

Create your show with the loredit files and run it as a show on demand. Then go away from your pc for dinner while it creates the playback files in the lorinternal folder. Once created they should play normally.............should.

Feels a bit like groundhog day.........

54 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Create your show with the loredit files and run it as a show on demand. Then go away from your pc for dinner while it creates the playback files in the lorinternal folder. Once created they should play normally.............should.

Feels a bit like groundhog day.........

Thanks Phil I tried that and still didn't work. I still got errors. I did read another post that you were in that help. I am running Windows 7 on my show computer in the garage. This seems to be a problem for 5.3.6 so I unloaded it and went back to 5.2.4 Problem solved. I just had to convert the new S5 sequences to playback files. I had 12 songs and that took all of 15 minutes. I think being in control of the converting process is more user friendly then waiting 2 hours for the the show on demand to finish. that's just my thought. any ways happy Halloween. 

That's about where I am at. I have found one gotcha. I have a couple of sequences that have a picture motion effect, using a gif. They would not open in 5.2.4. Other motion effects were fine.

So beware.

• Like 1

I re-opened the gif sequences in 5.3.8 and removed the gif picture effect successfully,  It does now open in 5.2.4.

So,

If I'm understanding correctly, the best possible solution to get the show working is to downgrade to 5.2.4? Is this correct? I am using the latest version and the lights work fine in sequencer, but when running SOD or scheduling a show, nothing. Mine says WMP cannot find the media file. What I have noticed in the SSB is that it doesn't recognize .LOREDIT files to pull into the show, only the .LMS files. Do I need to downgrade and then resave the sequences in sequencer before trying to run the show again?

30 minutes ago, sam.mann said:

So,

If I'm understanding correctly, the best possible solution to get the show working is to downgrade to 5.2.4? Is this correct? I am using the latest version and the lights work fine in sequencer, but when running SOD or scheduling a show, nothing. Mine says WMP cannot find the media file. What I have noticed in the SSB is that it doesn't recognize .LOREDIT files to pull into the show, only the .LMS files. Do I need to downgrade and then resave the sequences in sequencer before trying to run the show again?

If you are using "Save As" and transferring the sequence you must reopen the sequence on the new source and play it to re link the audio file. I usually play it for 30 seconds. After that as long as your sequence doesn't have any effect before the audio or after the audio it should play. As long as everything is set up correctly.

If it skips a sequence in most cases there are effect to early. Open it and simply turn off all the sequence for about .15 , the same as after remove a small fraction at the end if there is bleedover.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

If you are using "Save As" and transferring the sequence you must reopen the sequence on the new source and play it to re link the audio file. I usually play it for 30 seconds. After that as long as your sequence doesn't have any effect before the audio or after the audio it should play. As long as everything is set up correctly.

If it skips a sequence in most cases there are effect to early. Open it and simply turn off all the sequence for about .15 , the same as after remove a small fraction at the end if there is bleedover.

JR

Correct! I have done that but the save as only gives me the option of .LOREDIT not .LMS. So when I try to import to the show, it doesn’t recognize the .LOREDIT files. Which I’m guessing are the ones with audio attached to it. 

5 minutes ago, sam.mann said:

Correct! I have done that but the save as only gives me the option of .LOREDIT not .LMS. So when I try to import to the show, it doesn’t recognize the .LOREDIT files. Which I’m guessing are the ones with audio attached to it. 

I was typing from my phone so couldn’t see what version.

I do not know S5 so that’s all I have.

Hopefully you get it straightened out.

You May want to have this moved to the S5 section of forums.

JR

Just now, dibblejr said:

I was typing from my phone so couldn’t see what version.

I do not know S5 so that’s all I have.

Hopefully you get it straightened out.

You May want to have this moved to the S5 section of forums.

JR

Thanks for the input. I will give that a shot. 

Have  you created your show, using loredit files and let it run to create the playback files as I said in my post about eight posts up the page.Use show editor not SSB. 

The first pass through the show will take a long time as it builds the playback files, then on the second pass it SHOULD play normally.

46 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Have  you created your show, using loredit files and let it run to create the playback files as I said in my post about eight posts up the page.Use show editor not SSB. 

The first pass through the show will take a long time as it builds the playback files, then on the second pass it SHOULD play normally.

That’s the problem I believe. When creating the show in show editor, it doesn’t recognize the LOREDIT files in order to use them. It only pulls the LMS files. 

The LMS files may be your S4 versions. Don't need those.

In Show Editor,  choose the Musical tab then click the big PLUS sign to add files then make sure S5 sequences is chosen in the file type dropdown, bottom right, and that you are in the folder where the Loredit files are saved.

You should only see loredit files, the lms files are not what you need.

Just for info, ALL the playback files (three per sequence) will be created in the Lorinternal folder, NOT your Sequences folder.

6 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

The LMS files may be your S4 versions. Don't need those.

In Show Editor,  choose the Musical tab then click the big PLUS sign to add files then make sure S5 sequences is chosen in the file type dropdown, bottom right, and that you are in the folder where the Loredit files are saved.

You should only see loredit files, the lms files are not what you need.

Just for info, ALL the playback files (three per sequence) will be created in the Lorinternal folder, NOT your Sequences folder.

Okay, so, when I open the show editor and go to musical and press the plus sign, the only files that show up are .LMS, it will not recognize the .LOREDIT files for some reason. If I can get the .LOREDIT files to show up, I'm sure this will fix my issue but I can't figure out why they won't show up.

2 minutes ago, sam.mann said:

Okay, so, when I open the show editor and go to musical and press the plus sign, the only files that show up are .LMS, it will not recognize the .LOREDIT files for some reason. If I can get the .LOREDIT files to show up, I'm sure this will fix my issue but I can't figure out why they won't show up.

And when I type in the file name with .LOREDIT manually it says unknown extension type. This has to be an LOR issue.

Did you select S5 sequences in the file type dropdown, bottom right. Are you looking in the right folder. Can you find the files in Windows explorer, 

44 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Did you select S5 sequences in the file type dropdown, bottom right. Are you looking in the right folder. Can you find the files in Windows explorer, 

Mine only gives me the option to open musical sequences or animated sequences. When I choose “all sequences” only LMS show up.