Light-O-Rama Forums

PixCon 16- No lights but no blown fuses

asl9622

Good evening everyone! I was going through and testing my lights before installing with no issues when one stand of lights did something to my pixcon 16. I checked the logic fuse and the individual fuses per channel and nothing is blown. The board led lights are good and the board is receiving 12 volts from the power supplies. I have tried different stands in test mode and nothing works. Is there a capacitor or some other fuse I am missing? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I tried another power supply with no change. My guess is something on the board failed.

Edited by asl9622

Have you verified communication to/from the Pixcon16? Using it as E1.31 or RS485? Are you connected to the proper port for that communication? Did you launch the control panel first if using E1.31?

1 hour ago, dgrant said:

Have you verified communication to/from the Pixcon16? Using it as E1.31 or RS485? Are you connected to the proper port for that communication? Did you launch the control panel first if using E1.31?

Thank you for the reply. I did not try communicating yet. I was using the test mode where you hold the factory reset button for 3 seconds. I will try communicating with the board when I get home.

You need to first configure the board (which requires communication).  Your Pixel type may not be set correctly which will not allow the pixels to work even with the hardware test.

Thanks DevMike. I did reconfigure with no change. PC located the card correctly and I changed pixel type and mad sure network was enchanced and 500k speed. For whatever reason my channel nine partially lights the strand but does not cycle through colors.

• The topic was locked