Let's see 2006 additions:

18 custom made wire frames

12 cases of LED's (so far)

20,000 new mini's

10 new blow molds

5 new animated figures

48 more tomato cage trees

at least one mega tree

and NOW 160 channels of LOR, MP3 director and wireless.

I'm in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marilyn

circus4u wrote:

Dan,

Don't suppose you would be taking sale preorders and payment now with shipping at a later date (as after the sale begins), would you?

Denny

Hi Denny,

Such things lead to errors and confusion. The store is pretty much automatic as far as order taking, payments, shipping labels..... I guess this is a long way of saying that the sale starts when you see the red SALE prices on the items in the store.

Pretty good prices. This is much better than I planned. Count me in. Sounds like I need to order from work Monday morning May 22.

Mental note: Bring laptop to work ...... They may go fast. :devil:

Dan:

Ok, if I order the $500 Show Director MP3 Player Light controller, is there anything else I need to buy?

If I buy the $500 unit, I can download all my sequences into this gizmo, and that's it? I download my sequences, plug in the lights, and then "set it and forget it?"

Will I need to buy one of those $35 Communication Connectors? What about those $215 wireless gizmos?

I don't mean to ask dumb questions, or ask a question that's already been answered in another forumn, but I need to answer to my own "Queen of the Night" and want to buy a turnkey system. It's also one less thing to pack away when we move next month.

Speaking of shipping...I'll be closing on June 8th. How long will it take to ship? Next day? 1 week? I want to make sure I ship it to the address I'll be occupying when they ship.

Thanks!

Paul

BvrBru1 wrote:

Dan:

Ok, if I order the $500 Show Director MP3 Player Light controller, is there anything else I need to buy?

Paul,

You would also need the software so it probably would make sense to get a stater package because you would get an adaptor ( that you really don't need for now but may need in the future) .

James,

I asked the same question a while back, here is the response. It is also explained in the assembly manual posted on line. Denny

This kit contains the light duty heatsinks. They limit the total current carrying capability of the controller to 15 amps. 7.5 amps for each of the two 8-channel banks. If you opted to purchase the regular heatsinks, then the full 40 amp current carrying capacity of the controller can be used. 20 amps for each of the two 8-channel banks.

[align=left]If you opted to purchase the CTB-16K Deluxe Upgrade Kit your controller will also include unit id selection switches, a speed control and the ability to run stand-alone sequences. Stand-alone support means that the controller can be downloaded with an animation sequence that it can run on its own. This stand-alone sequence can control the channels on this controller as well as other controllers connected to it."[/align]

I'm excited about the Light-o-Rama sale, as I plan to start working with this exciting technology. I hope LOR is prepared for a barrage of orders in a week.

Question: How long (estimate) will shipping take if I placed an order when the sale begins? I realize that, since a huge # of orders will probably be placed, shipping might take a longer period of time.

Dan:

Let's make sure I have everything I need...

1 -- Show Director MP3 Player --- $500

1 -- SPK-ST Outdoor Showtime Starter Package -- $80

-- includes SC485 Serial Connector

-- Light-O-Rama Software

-- 10ft CAT5e Cable (what does this do?)

So my investment so far would be $580 + shipping?

I'm reading the "Industrial Computerized Lighting Setup" (http://www.lightorama.com/LOR_Industrial.html) and Step 1 says "You design and build your show using the ShowTime software on your Windows PC and then transfer it to an SD memory card." How do I transfer my shows to the SD memory card? Is this a gizmo that is included in the Show Director MP3 Player?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Paul

Kingston makes a USB SD card reader/writer. It looks like a flash drive, but you put a SD card in it. It is called the TravelLite SD/MMC Reader. You can get them from places like CDW.COM. Any of the electronics chains (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc) probably carry something similar.

C

BvrBru1 wrote:

Dan:
Let's make sure I have everything I need...

I thought Dan posted somewhere that a small card reader would be included. This would let you get the shows from your computer to SD card.

The CAT5 cable is included in the starter pack. Running the showtime version with SD card, you are probably not going to need it.

BvrBru1 wrote:

I'm reading the "Industrial Computerized Lighting Setup" (http://www.lightorama.com/LOR_Industrial.html) and Step 1 says "You design and build your show using the ShowTime software on your Windows PC and then transfer it to an SD memory card." How do I transfer my shows to the SD memory card? Is this a gizmo that is included in the Show Director MP3 Player?

You would download them to the card through the Cat5 cable.

LightORama wrote:

We still have some things to do on the website to get ready for the sale announcement. For example, documentation for the new products has to be linked in.

Better get that second server going too in preparation for the flood of web site hits!

TED

TGE123 wrote:

I know the sale starts Monday, But is there a specific time, like 1:01am, 6am, 8am???How will I know it has started. Thanks group.

You will see the red sale prices on the website.

TED

Question: How long (estimate) will shipping take if [...]

What's up with all these questions about how long it will take to ship? Shipping takes a few days. With the expectation of increased orders during the sale it may take an extra day or 2. How do I know this? Because I've read numerous posts in the past thanking Dan for the quick shipping. Can everyone please stop asking the same nit picky questions about shipping?

TED