Light-O-Rama Forums

How can I change the color of an effect on an entire row

grouptcl

I have some beat channels with effects in them, in white color, i want to change the color of all the effects on the row for a different color, say orange, without redoing them individually, is there a way to do this ?

Can it only be done via the beat channel or can it be done in a regular effects row if I wanted to change individual rows to different colors ?

image.png.cf2d7196f7945b522bdcf2d92092fa40.png

Your input is appreciated

Edited by grouptcl
precisions

If S5 is like S4 you will have to use the “color fade tool”.

You select the color(s) to make the color- either solid or....

Then you will have to drag the mouse over what you want to change.

Once you do one in your columns you can simply copy pastE over the white. Unfortunately there is no easier way in S4 and I imagine that hasn’t changed in S5.

If there is someone who uses S5 might  home in and provide the new knowledge. 

Best of luck

JR

Did they ever fix the issue in S5 where you can open RGB channels? If they did you can change a row of white easily to red, green or blue by turning channels off. Orange, purple and other colors which need special mixing can't be done only mixed channels which can be all on at 255.

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Did they ever fix the issue in S5 where you can open RGB channels? If they did you can change a row of white easily to red, green or blue by turning channels off. Orange, purple and other colors which need special mixing can't be done only mixed channels which can be all on at 255.

I read yesterday that it still hasn't been fixed. Going to be in an upcoming update.

Promise

JR

It's fixed, sort of as of 5.3.0. You have to turn it on in preferences. You can set colors, but the effect type is only set by one row. It works but is a bit half baked.

Edited by PhilMassey
  • Like 1

Don't know if this is what you are looking for,

1. on the right side of the screen you will see the box called "Type"(Channel, Color, Motion, Superstar), click on Color

2. under the "End Color" (Choose, Random, Copy, Ignore) click on ignore if you want only one color

3. click on sample and choose the color you want and click OK

4. click on a color in the row you want to change and press R to choose the whole row

5. right click on the row and choose Existing Effects (foreground) and choose Apply Toolbar Hue 

That should do it.