Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there feature/Workaround to play 'samples'/ 'mix'/ 'clips' of song sequences?

kevinob

Looking to uncover a feature or perhaps identify a workaround: I have a bunch of musical light sequences (Thanks to the generous sequence sharers here on this forum!). Full songs...singing faces, etc.

I'm wondering if there's an easy alternative to having to play an entire song... is there a way to do a continuous sampling/mix of all different sequences via the software show building? Or would this be something I'd have to custom build new blended sequence()s consisting of smaller, blended 'clips' of those full song  sequences?

(I searched forums but my thoughts not mapping to any posts I could find... apologies if this has been asked before... would appreciate any guidance/ links to prior posts on solutions if they are out there.)

If I am understanding what you are asking, LOR cannot play samples, it will play whatever sequence you load. Lets say you have 10 sequences and want to play samples from all 10 then you would have to create a remix of the songs, sequences and combine them in to one sequence to be played. 

No sampling, just whole sequences. There is no easy way to make a sequence that way either. You would have to prepare the audio mix then sequence to it. You could copy and paste segments of timing and content, but syncing everything up would be a chore..

If you wanted to just select songs on the fly, you could take a look at BobO's Miip which allows your guests to choose which song plays next via smartphone.

Edited by PhilMassey

• The topic was locked