Light-O-Rama Forums

During the sequence lights turn off to my displays

Big_Al

Running two controllers for the first time.  During the sequence play one or both of the controllers will turn off the lights being controlled by that unit.  Com LED still solid on.  Then it will recover on its own.   Also noticed that the sequence editor will stop scrolling but music continues to play.  Any suggestions?

I have noticed similar freezes during Sequencer playback. I'm hoping that it's just the software getting busy in real time playback, and that it won't affect Show player once the playback files are created. Similar things used to happen in S4, Sequencer Editor, but not during show play. 

28 minutes ago, Big_Al said:

Great suggestion. However I just tried running it during the show player mode and it did the same thing. 

You don’t have anything on your “show scheduler” by chance do you?

That can put a damper on things if you have two shows overlapping.

JR

No I double checked that just now.  I did notice that the com LEDs on the controllers start flashing when it drops out.  This different then before where they were on steady. So it seems that I am losing communication with controllers during the times the program stops scrolling through the sequence.  I have two LOR 16 channel controllers.  I even swapped out the usb 485  adapter.   No change. 

Sounds like something may be running on the background. Check Task Manager to see what might be taking cpu cycles.

Check the pins on your Cat5e Cables and Ports (RJ45 jacks).  I found an issue with one of the jacks on my AC controller last year and all the controllers connected after it would drop out for a few seconds from time to time.

• The topic was locked