Light-O-Rama Forums

Video help

Holiday2NV

So my Halloween singing pumpkins show video is about 42 minutes long, and I’m probably going to add three songs this year. Can LOR handle a long video like that, or am I going to have to break up the songs into separate videos and stitch it all together in the show builder?

I don't know the answer to the 42  minute question (but I know it IS the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything!) but I would think it would be easier and  process faster to work in smaller chunks. Then when you do want to swap something in or out, you don't need to edit the entire video. You know, like adding three new songs. 

Actually, 42 is  the wrong answer to Life. The Universe and Everything.

I do agree with the small chunks approach though.

Unfortunately, I’m a video editor by trade so adding three new songs to my video portion is super easy for me, but breaking it down into smaller chunks and plugging it into an entirely different program is pretty intimidating. 

I’d also like to keep it all together as one since the video also has to remain in sync with the second video projector that is running my ghosts on a scrim. Everything plays together, and I know LOR software isn’t powerful enough to run two video sequences simultaneously. 

Well, if I DO need to break it up, does anyone know what the best video codec to use is when dealing with LOR? I’m editing on a Mac using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, but I don’t have the ability to render out .AVI or .WMV files, and nothing I’ve kicked out so far has worked with LOR’s software. It just appears to throw up its hands and say “I don’t know how long this is!”

And does anyone have experience running multiple video segments on LOR?  My pumpkins are set up so they’re seamless, and I don’t want any blipping or twitching issues. 

If you read all the books, you will find that 42 is in fact the answer to the wrong question

The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years. Unfortunately, no one knows what the question is. Thus, to calculate the Ultimate Question, a special computer the size of a small planet was built from organic components and named "Earth". The Ultimate Question "What do you get when you multiply six by nine"[17] was found by Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect in the second book of the series

“For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.”

Which would also sum up my first experience trying to get my dmx boxes to show up in the S4 Visualizer until I realized I needed the control panel running.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, PhilMassey said:

If you read all the books, you will find that 42 is in fact the answer to the wrong question

The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years. Unfortunately, no one knows what the question is. Thus, to calculate the Ultimate Question, a special computer the size of a small planet was built from organic components and named "Earth". The Ultimate Question "What do you get when you multiply six by nine"[17] was found by Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect in the second book of the series

Fair enough. BUT...the mice chose "How many roads must a man walk down."  And if I remember correctly, there was an entire branch of philosophy trying to determine the question. So, I guess I'm wrong, but I'm sure Dent and Prefect aren't right, either. 

"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe."

Edited by tlogan