Light-O-Rama Forums

15 minutes ago, tlogan said:

THAT looks great! That's ANOTHER one I have to think about for next year.

I ran out of 2.5" deck screws to attach the bases to my lampposts. I have 4 left to finish assembling. I DID get the candle covers I ordered on Friday so I WAS hoping to complete the assembly yesterday, but well, you know....football. And lack of screws.

Thanks, I wanted to paint the wood to match the house, but I didn't want to wait for it to dry as I'm feeling the pressure to get things done and wired. Here's hoping your HD is close enough to get to today so you can finish those last lampposts. I missed the first half of yesterday's game, but, eh, its the Lions. I knew how it would go. This morning I finished replacing my final last set of incan lights that have been in my display. They were on the star in my home-brew mega tree. I got them all on and will hang the at lunch. It's a simple one, when I first did this I drove some nails into a tree to hold the star and right below it I screwed in a huge hook. I know, some day I'll have to replace them as every year I have to adjust the nails for the star from tree growth, which also mean I must be getting a more vertical tree than I did when I first started. But no change this year. That guides me on the three artificial trees I use and where to put the arches our front and then I'll be ready to wire and fire it up.

Good luck!

I spent Saturday and half of Sunday cleaning up the yard...trimming bushes and trees and clearing back fence (not that I decorate back there, but, you know,  Happy wife,...). And, not to rub it in or anything, but my grass will need to be cut at least once more before I get all the stuff in the yard.

Yeah, I put the Deadskins on the radio while I was assembling. Sad thing is they are actually TRYING to win and are horrible. At least that's what Snider says. I could walk to HD if I didn't have to cross one pretty busy road and a BIG field and haul everything back by hand. On the plus side, running out of screws got me done in time to watch Eagles-Pats. I was happy for the first half.

I had a good weekend.  Finished replacing bad pixels on the roof lights, so those 400 or so are 100% - yea!  Finished a cleanup of the power supply box for the pixel tree (four 350 watt power supplies in a 12 x12x6 PVC box), and added a thermostatically controlled fan.  Changed a bunch of the wiring to make setup and teardown easier.  Then set the tree up and other than one more trip up the ladder to straighten a couple strips at the top and then adjust the turnbuckles at the bottom, and it's fully done.  Biggest problem was I could not find the box of hardware for the bottom attachments of the strips.  Did not want to have to replace over $100 of unistrut hardware.  Finally found that and attached the bottom ends.  Got the FM transmitter operating and running music and announcements via Zara Radio on Friday.  Next weekend is build enclosures for the P5 and P10 panels do I can use them as planned.  Doing pretty good, I think.

19 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Biggest problem was I could not find the box of hardware for the bottom attachments of the strips.  Did not want to have to replace over $100 of unistrut hardware.  Finally found that and attached the bottom ends.

I hate when that happens. I waste a lot of time looking for things that I KNOW were just here second ago. I think I need to REALLY clean out my garage and shed.

42 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I had a good weekend.  Finished replacing bad pixels on the roof lights, so those 400 or so are 100% - yea!  Finished a cleanup of the power supply box for the pixel tree (four 350 watt power supplies in a 12 x12x6 PVC box), and added a thermostatically controlled fan.  Changed a bunch of the wiring to make setup and teardown easier.  Then set the tree up and other than one more trip up the ladder to straighten a couple strips at the top and then adjust the turnbuckles at the bottom, and it's fully done.  Biggest problem was I could not find the box of hardware for the bottom attachments of the strips.  Did not want to have to replace over $100 of unistrut hardware.  Finally found that and attached the bottom ends.  Got the FM transmitter operating and running music and announcements via Zara Radio on Friday.  Next weekend is build enclosures for the P5 and P10 panels do I can use them as planned.  Doing pretty good, I think.

Wow, now I feel like I didn't get as much done as I thought I did...

Interested in the Zara Radio, do you just stream info on it before your show starts using your laptop and FM transmitter? Do you shut that off when the show starts?