Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting Pixels in Coro Star

BobW

I'm putting together my Boscoyo Star and I'm wondering: Do I push the pixel in until it stops, or push it through until it stops on the far side? If the first stop, the pixel is flush with the face of the star. If I push it through, then the pixel will stick out from the face of the star and would be more dramatic looking. I don't think I want to just try it because I think it will stretch the inner hole and if it isn't right, the pixel won't lock.

Thanks,

Bob W

(I have a HC sflake) If you stop with the tip of the bullet flush, you have a point source. If it protrudes (the lens part of the bullet), it allows the light to spread a bit.

What effect do you want?

Now I'm going to have to look at mine to see what I did.  Optically, I don't think it will make much difference unless you have people watching from way off axis.  As I recall, mine are protruding at least a little.

I took a few pictures of mine.  The bottom photo is likely the most important.   I am holding the penny to give a size reference.  I agree with Mr. P about the "pop".

Boscoyo_pixel_mount_rear.jpg

Boscoyo_pisel_mount_edge.jpg

Boscoyo_pixel_mount_front.jpg

I currently have them 'popped' at the back of the star, pending responses here. I'm leaning towards pushing them through to 'pop' in the face of the star. Thanks to all who responded.

Bob W

pic-1.thumb.jpg.d5e3529d370f659235dae651bcb5028b.jpgpic-2.thumb.jpg.88440da45749b7bacb4cf6489e204eed.jpg

Thanks again for the replies. I had also posed the question to Boscoyo and their response was to push it through until it locks on the front edge/face. Good to go.

Bob W

• The topic was locked