Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Pixel Help

Mscannic

So my husband has been trying for a couple of years to get us into pixels - I said "NO WAY' because I knew I'd be in charge of the programming and, well, let's just say, I've had a love/hate relationship along the way with LOR.  I don't have any background in electrical anything, so terms like voltage, DMX, circuits, are all foreign to me.  You might as well be speaking Greek...But for some reason I caved in and we got ONE pixel controller - the PIXIE16.  Figured we could try it...start small...you know, if it doesn't work out, we can say we tried and it didn't work. Well thank goodness we started EARLY (like June) as the first controller died, got it replaced under the warranty, then the second one blew as well.  LOR doesn't know why...So let's hope the third one works for good!  Lots of trial and error getting it up and running.  It was much harder than I expected, but I am also very stubborn and don't like to say I can't do something.  I would have given up days, weeks, months ago, if I wasn't so determined to figure it out.  So this is not for the faint of heart...

One of my issues is that I only pick this up once a year and I tend to forget all of the "little things" from year to year.  So I try to take notes to help me remember along the way.  Attached are my personal notes for my set up.  Not sure if they can help anyone, but I figured why not...I come to the forum when I get stuck and have found some very helpful information.  But everyone's setup is different!  What may work for my set up may not apply to yours, and I am certainly not good at remembering all of the technical terms so hopefully the terminology won't steer you in the wrong direction.  I know I've gone a million different ways trying to figure things out.  If there is one thing I've learned, no two set ups are the same and a lot of it is trial and error.  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQUxWbI-koUvWcdkBVlkldFkDr9r9XzzDr7tM95ZjUdGLpNLH3EP86a6T-vH8pTuXgrD8ra_aE6VtlA/pub