Candy Cane Lane

Hey guys,

I am new to light o Rama and recently purchased the following:

4 x 16 channel residential controllers

2 x Signing Christmas Tree

1 x 8 pack RGB Flood Lights

22 x 50 bulb RGB pixel Lights

1 x Pixel Controller

I have a very large LED static display that I will be animating.  Just wondering how I go about finding sequences built that would incorporate the above items.  I plan to make a 25 foot mega tree with 12 to 16 strands of the RGB pixel Lights.

Dallas

Need more info.

How do you plan on lighting the singing faces, if you got them from LOR since they are RGB only?

Did you get the dumb rgb controller CMB24 with those floods?

Normal strands of RGB lights are about 16’ leaves you 9 more feet to add to the mega tree.

To much info is better in this hobby.

JR

I have Disney's, "Do you believe in Magic." PM me, and I'll send. 96 channels. It uses the Holdman star. see video

Edited by metallus2000

Looks to me the OP only has 1 RGB Controller, they are going to need many more than that one to run all those strands of RGB lights.

If they think they can run RGB lighting via those 4 16 channel Controllers which sound like CTB16PC AC Controllers, they're going to find out real quick you can't connect RGB lights to any of those type of controllers.  If you try that, the magic smoke is going to come out of them very fast, then they'll be destroyed and unusable.

Definitely need more info to know how they are planning on setting all 22 strands of those RGB lights up to work.

22 hours ago, Candy Cane Lane said:

Hey guys,

I am new to light o Rama and recently purchased the following:

4 x 16 channel residential controllers

2 x Signing Christmas Tree

1 x 8 pack RGB Flood Lights

22 x 50 bulb RGB pixel Lights

1 x Pixel Controller

I have a very large LED static display that I will be animating.  Just wondering how I go about finding sequences built that would incorporate the above items.  I plan to make a 25 foot mega tree with 12 to 16 strands of the RGB pixel Lights.

Dallas

Sorry, but that is a mish-mash of a list 😕

1st: 4 @ ctb16 listed but no mention of any strings / floods with standard wall plugs

2nd: Your trees do ASL? 😛  Typically, those use dumb (CMB-24) RGB, but could be AC.  Either way, you need ~8 channels each tree .  I don't know if anyone has done these using Pixels. (pixie series)

3rd: 8 floods would use up a CMB24 ports (you can double up using a Y, leaving 4 free ports). I don't see a dumb controller on the list

4th: 1100 RGB (22*50)? Smart or dumb either way, the last item (pixel controller),

5th: even if it was a Pixie 16, it would be hard pressed to drive them all(pixel lights) . And that is ignoring the distance and power considerations.

Let me clarify

I have a Pixie16 Smart Pixel Controller.

I am running 15 x 25 foot strand of RGB lights for the mega tree.  (15 channels)

The other 7 strands will be on the perimeter on the house and ran on the other channel. (1 channel)

The two singing trees come with their own controllers and power supplies.

The 10 x floods come with a CMB24D Controller.

The 4 x 16 residential controllers will be used with my existing LED light strands.

Edited by Candy Cane Lane

You can't use 7 strands (350 nodes) on a single Pixie port  (100 nodes, maybe 170 with power injection, I will defer to others. I stopped at 100)

2 hours ago, Candy Cane Lane said:

Let me clarify

I have a Pixie16 Smart Pixel Controller.

I am running 15 x 25 foot strand of RGB lights for the mega tree.  (15 channels)

The other 7 strands will be on the perimeter on the house and ran on the other channel. (1 channel)

The two singing trees come with their own controllers and power supplies.

The 10 x floods come with a CMB24D Controller.

The 4 x 16 residential controllers will be used with my existing LED light strands.

Ports- not channels - much different than an AC controller.

I fail to see how many pixels per 25’ string/ ribbon. 

I could have a 25’ tree with pixel spacing every 10” for less pixels or every 1” for more so the number of pixels per your strings should be known.

A pixie controller can only control up to 172. In order for you to get over 100 to work you will need to configure it as a pixcon16 under the LOR protocol. Do not let the name confuse you. Just assign it the correct beginning user ID and it will work as long as you set it up correctly.

LOR has not updated the HU or the SE S5 or S4 to configure a pixie16 using 100 to 172 pixels as a pixie16.

I also Refer you back to my sticky at the very top in the General Hardware section of forums. It is in depth.

Let me know if I can be of assistance but be forewarned I am busy setting up Halloween.

All of my pixel controller are pixies and I have a bunch of them. 

If you have any black RS485 adapters I suggest you replace them with the RS485HS (Red adapter). 

You are going to need a couple and at least one for a spare in case you step on one or run one over with a car.

JR

Edited by dibblejr