Light-O-Rama Forums

G4 Show Director

boomersooner550

So I wasn't aware that the G4 doesn't come with a power adapter. Is the 12v Wall Transformer, listed on the website, the adapter that I need?

Also it came with a G3 manual so I am guessing that the features are basically the same except the G4 can handle more networks and such.

6 hours ago, boomersooner550 said:

So I wasn't aware that the G4 doesn't come with a power adapter. Is the 12v Wall Transformer, listed on the website, the adapter that I need?

Also it came with a G3 manual so I am guessing that the features are basically the same except the G4 can handle more networks and such.

If that is the 12VDC 1 Amp adapter, yes, that should be the correct one.   You do know the Director units can also get their power via the cat5 cable connected to a controller as well.  So an adapter isn't always necessary.  

I ran my older MP3 Director unit from my older controllers, but I had to use the old black USB RS485B adapter that had the power boost, but I believe the newer controllers you don't need to have that extra power boost from the USB adapter to make the newer G3 and G4 MP3 Directors to work via the cat5 connected to one of the latest controller types {CTB16PC G3 and newer} and perhaps the newer Cosmic Color II Controllers can do it too,. but not sure about them, but I'm not certain on any of these RGB controllers or those like the Pixie 16. CMB24 or Pixcon series of Dumb or Smart RGB controllers have the extra power to run the G3 or G4 MP3 Directors.

Hopefully someone that uses a G4 MP3 Director with the RGB Controllers will chime in here with a definite answer on whether they have the power to run an MP3 Director directly from the Cat5 connection in them.

• The topic was locked