Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and Paste errors on collapsed RGB rows.

PhilMassey

If I copy the contents of an RGB row by selecting the collapsed row (black part) and paste into another collapsed row the sequenced events change in the target row. This also occurs with Paste Multiple.

Specifically, some effects change from intensities to shimmers, and a 10% shimmer becomes a 9% shimmer (go figure)

If I open up an RGB row and select all three RGB rows and copy them into another opened up RGB row the paste is OK so this is a workaround but takes much longer to paste each rgb element individually.

Checked all the sequencer settings and I can't see anything that would possibly cause this. Weird.

Screencap     https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1ze6d7nb5kolcy/rgb paste 01.jpg?dl=0

I think I understand what is going on after a little more study.

If I hover the mouse over each individual RGB cell, I get the proper information, R = 10%,Green =0$ and blue =60$ with the correct effect type.. If I look at the Black RGB aggregate, It reports  Shimmer and then the RGB values so it makes them all a shimmer, even though the blue is supposed to be Intensity. There is no differentiation as to effect type in the master RGB row. Thus when you copy and paste it only sees the info in the black aggregate row.This also happens when you save the file and reopen it. When I reopened the file today everything I fixed yesterday had changed back again.

The aggregate channel also displays DMX values instead of Intensity, which explains the change from 10 to 9 percent shimmer, presumably due to rounding.

This last test was after downgrading to 5.3.2

Screencap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0xszgzx3xrr011/rgb paste 002.jpg?dl=0

Adding a second screencap with the correct cell highlighted this time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj38t2o9lxrxs03/rgb paste 003.jpg?dl=0

Incidentally, I think this has propagated through ALL my sequences just by opening and saving them back over the last few weeks..

THIS IS A PROBLEM, which I will be unable to fix.

Edited by PhilMassey

Reverted to 5.2.4, which is where I started with S5 and where I did the original conversion from my S4 files to S5.

Opened my backups from March which is when I did the initial conversion. In every file I have checked the intensity has been changed to a shimmer whenever there is a shimmer present in a different color in the same RGB cell.

This is a lot of stuff to fix, which at the moment I can't do.

Update

If I re-convert a S4 file to S5 in 5.3.8 the files convert properly but the tooltip still shows only Shimmer, for all three channels even though the blue is an intensity.

As soon as I save and reopen the file all three colors become a shimmer.

Re converted an S4 file in 5.2.4 this time with the following result

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20sijgdzd9yzzok/rgb paste 004.jpg?dl=0

In the  source S4 file the blue channel is an intensity, but in the converted file there is no way to differentiate the effect type between color channels so all three colors turn into a shimmer as soon as you save the file.

44 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

In every file I have checked the intensity has been changed to a shimmer whenever there is a shimmer present in a different color in the same RGB cell.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish.  The way I'm reading it, in a single RGB channel set, you want one color to shimmer, and the other two colors to not shimmer.  That would result in a shimmer between two colors.  That does not make much sense to me, so I assume I'm missing something.

The effect is a blue pulse that travels through a dim continuous or fading shimmer of a different color when chased. The effects now have less impact, as the pulse itself shimmers. The low level shimmer is hidden by the bright pulse which is a time saver when I don't have to turn off the shimmer for the momentary beat

All the changes made thus year are now broken in virtually every sequence, and the only way to fix it is turn off the shimmer momentarily in tens of thousands of events because Sequencer no longer keeps up with the effect type in RGB cells.

Thanks for looking Jim..

What bothers me most is that there is clearly an issue which no one will acknowledge.

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue... and yes copy paste bites in S5. Buggy as heck!

Edited by gsmith37064