Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert .lms to .sup

Mr. P

This question is pretty much for Brian. I have a few tree SE .lms files that I would like to be able to export to SS so I can modify and then export back to SE. Is this even possible now or maybe in a future release? It would be an awesome feature if it can be done and would save us a ton of time.

Based on prior comments, not possible.  For an analogy of this, think of this. If I told you that the answer to a math problem is 15, and asked you to give the equation that I used to get that answer, it would be impossible.  There is an infinite number of possible equations that could result in that answer.  For the analogy, SuperStar is the math problem and SE is the answer.

I know but there has to be a way.  A tree prop for instance, you are exporting this channel to that channel and turning it on. Maybe not exporting an entire sequence but maybe things like a tree or a matrix or other props that are already supported in SS. It is just so difficult to modify 2,400 channels at a time in a SE .lms file and I wish there was an easier way.

It is theoretically possible to convert a .lms file to a .sup file, but it would be extremely difficult (as in at least a year's effort) and there would be cases where it wouldn't work well. As an analogy, there are programs that will turn a pixel based picture into a vector based picture. They work well in some cases, but there are cases that don't work well.

At any rate, I have no plans to work on converting a .lms file to a .sup file.