Light-O-Rama Forums

How to put controllers on the same network

Joshb

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I linked 4 controllers all together and searched for them in the hardware utility and all four units were found, so does that mean they're in the same network together or do I have the wrong idea with this? I'm at work, so it'll be a while before I can reply, thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, Joshb said:

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I linked 4 controllers all together and searched for them in the hardware utility and all four units were found, so does that mean they're in the same network together or do I have the wrong idea with this? I'm at work, so it'll be a while before I can reply, thanks in advance.

Not yet!

You have to go to Network Preference (NP)

And set them up.

Add them with Unit ID and network, along with network speed.

You never answered about the sequence in your other thread.

Can you open the sequence so you can set the controllers up?

JR

HU- does nothing to control the show, it is a back door to the controller in order to set the unit ID along with some other parameters and test the lights and controller.

That all- absolutely nothing to run the show.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Not yet!

You have to go to Network Preference (NP)

And set them up.

Add them with Unit ID and network, along with network speed.

You never answered about the sequence in your other thread.

Can you open the sequence so you can set the controllers up?

JR

You mean put the sd card into my computer? That pops up what's on the card but I don't know what to do with it.

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

HU- does nothing to control the show, it is a back door to the controller in order to set the unit ID along with some other parameters and test the lights and controller.

That all- absolutely nothing to run the show.

JR

The show runs fine and the first controller runs fine, it's the other 3. All have 02, 03, and 04 ID's, all tested fine, all have a solid green light on the board when the show is running, just no commands going to the lights. Is the Network Preference in the sequencing tab or where?

45 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Start/Lite O Rama/Network Prefs, or right click on LOR tray icon/Network Prefs

As long as they are all connected in chain I don’t think he has to setup any other networks.

Its a matter of sequencing. I wonder if the sequence has unit  1,2,3 and 4 with all normal lights.

JR

OP- can you open the sequence?

If so a screen shot of the sequence will let us better help you out without all of the back and forth.

If you have no sequence to those units, you have no lights.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

50 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

OP- can you open the sequence?

If so a screen shot of the sequence will let us better help you out without all of the back and forth.

If you have no sequence to those units, you have no lights.

JR

So what you're saying is if I take each sequence from the card and load it into the sequencing suite, I can add those sequences to the extra controllers?

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

Start/Lite O Rama/Network Prefs, or right click on LOR tray icon/Network Prefs

I'll check it out, thanks.

Just now, Joshb said:

So what you're saying is if I take each sequence from the card and load it into the sequencing suite, I can add those sequences to the extra controllers?

I think he is saying: Was your show (sequence) was designed using 4 ID's (64 channels)

37 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I think he is saying: Was your show (sequence) was designed using 4 ID's (64 channels)

Correct, it also has RGB so where are the RGB channels in the sequence?

A screenshot would be awesome.

If he can’t open the sequence it will be a long drawn out process to extract the sequence.

Also- OP- o know your system came with the Pro version, however did you actually DL the Pro version?

If you didn’t that would be another reason. 

JR

37 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I'm guessing so, the description stated that their sequences are compatible with 16, 32, 48, and 64 channels. That had crossed my mind that maybe there's certain cards they send out depending on how many controllers you buy with kit. Wondering if this is for only 16 channels.

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Correct, it also has RGB so where are the RGB channels in the sequence?

A screenshot would be awesome.

If he can’t open the sequence it will be a long drawn out process to extract the sequence.

Also- OP- o know your system came with the Pro version, however did you actually DL the Pro version?

If you didn’t that would be another reason. 

JR

The laptop I'm using doesn't have a cd drive so I had to download from the website. I'll check for sure on that also. I'll try for a screenshot

2 minutes ago, Joshb said:

I'm guessing so, the description stated that their sequences are compatible with 16, 32, 48, and 64 channels. That had crossed my mind that maybe there's certain cards they send out depending on how many controllers you buy with kit. Wondering if this is for only 16 channels.

No, the card would have the entire sequence. Just like the starter package.

Just have to figure out which unit IDs it’s set at for the AC controllers.

JR

2 minutes ago, Joshb said:

The laptop I'm using doesn't have a cd drive so I had to download from the website. I'll check for sure on that also. I'll try for a screenshot

Not sure in S5 but the version of your software for us S4 and below is at the top when you open SE Sequence Editor - left hand corner

And if you right click on the LOR light bulb in system tray very top, click on upgrade now and it should tell you as well

JR

45 minutes ago, Joshb said:

Not sure what I did, but no controllers work now. I give up, I don't need this stress.

Yep, take a break.

Work on a screen shot of the sequence.

A screen shot of whatever you can.

In this hobby there is no such thing as to little info.

Its probably something that can be fixed in a few minutes if we knew what you was looking at and doing.

Many of us would help you on the phone. I do it all the time but the only way I can help you in S5 is if you know more about it than you do.

If S4 I could get you going in very little time.

JR

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

No, the card would have the entire sequence. Just like the starter package.

Just have to figure out which unit IDs it’s set at for the AC controllers.

JR

LOR sequences have a standard assignments.  http://www1.lightorama.com/unit-id-suggestions/

Go back to the LOR Stores page for your sequence. Scroll down just after the add to cart: click Layout.  That shows typical additional assignments

30 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Yep, take a break.

Work on a screen shot of the sequence.

A screen shot of whatever you can.

In this hobby there is no such thing as to little info.

Its probably something that can be fixed in a few minutes if we knew what you was looking at and doing.

Many of us would help you on the phone. I do it all the time but the only way I can help you in S5 is if you know more about it than you do.

If S4 I could get you going in very little time.

JR

I got the one controller working again. I tried to duplicate what I did with that controller to another one with no luck. I contacted the help desk as well and that tech said it's a plug and play system as long as the controllers are all gen3's, no need for a pc. That guy was at a loss too. Maybe it is something simple and there's a fault in either the mini director or the card itself. I'll go ahead and change my initial layout to just use 16 channels in case I can't get this figured out within the next couple weeks. I've been fighting this for about a week now and just need some calm down time lol. It'll still be a major upgrade from last year. I moved a sequence from the card to the sequencing suite, but it just started playing with a big Tap button on the screen. I'll check YouTube to see if there's any tutorials on how exactly to display a sequence.