Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Joshb

Should I update this controller to match the others

Recommended Posts

I bought the TSO Showtime central. It came with one light controller and I'm adding 3 other controllers I got from a friend. When I hooked them all together, it says the newest controller is version 1.09, the other 3 units are version 4.40. 

This is the setup with the preprogrammed sd card. I tried the show on all the controllers individually and the one that's version 1.09 is the only one that functioned properly with the lights, the others blinked very seldom and didn't seem like they were accents to the first 16 at all.

Should I update the new controller or leave it alone because it's functioning ok. I just can't understand why the other controllers aren't working with the new one. They tested good and are all recognized on the network. I'm lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joshb said:

I bought the TSO Showtime central. It came with one light controller and I'm adding 3 other controllers I got from a friend. When I hooked them all together, it says the newest controller is version 1.09, the other 3 units are version 4.40. 

This is the setup with the preprogrammed sd card. I tried the show on all the controllers individually and the one that's version 1.09 is the only one that functioned properly with the lights, the others blinked very seldom and didn't seem like they were accents to the first 16 at all.

Should I update the new controller or leave it alone because it's functioning ok. I just can't understand why the other controllers aren't working with the new one. They tested good and are all recognized on the network. I'm lost.

It depends on what Generation they are 1,2 and 3. They all are not on the same firmware versions.

Also note that Gen 1&2 do not play well with Gen3. Split them into dif networks for favorable if any results.

Connect 1&2 together and 3 on their own networks. Is simple just need another adapter. If that's the case when ordering an adaptor get the red highspeed one.

The new controller is probably a GEN 3 board. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually the controller with ver 1.09 is a newer gen 3 with the newest firmware. The controllers with ver 4.40 are older gen 2 controllers. Each controller has the highest firmware they can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

It depends on what Generation they are 1,2 and 3. They all are not on the same firmware versions.

Also note that Gen 1&2 do not play well with Gen3. Split them into dif networks for favorable if any results.

Connect 1&2 together and 3 on their own networks. Is simple just need another adapter. If that's the case when ordering an adaptor get the red highspeed one.

The new controller is probably a GEN 3 board. 

JR

I'm using the Showtime central that can only run on one network, but the whole gen3 thing was my problem. I have to get 3 more gen 3 controllers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Joshb said:

I'm using the Showtime central that can only run on one network, but the whole gen3 thing was my problem. I have to get 3 more gen 3 controllers.

I can’t see your license versuon  my cell but you can run more than one network if using a computer or one of the directors built for running more than one.

Thats a lot cheaper than buying 3 more controllers.

If buying especially used ensure to buy gen3. If buying from LOR no worries there but you can run multiple networks.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP please update your profile with software version and license level. The four controllers you have will all work on the same network but you can't use high speed which you don't need with the controller you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, no need to run two networks for your four controllers.  Generation 1, 2, and 3 controllers will work just fine together.  The only limitations with the older controllers is they can't run at 500 or 1000k speed and can't run on an enhanced network.  Neither is an issue for you.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

OP please update your profile with software version and license level. The four controllers you have will all work on the same network but you can't use high speed which you don't need with the controller you have.

 

41 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Agreed, no need to run two networks for your four controllers.  Generation 1, 2, and 3 controllers will work just fine together.  The only limitations with the older controllers is they can't run at 500 or 1000k speed and can't run on an enhanced network.  Neither is an issue for you.

 

You’ll are correct, that’s my bad. All of my networks are 500k enhanced.

Thanks for the reminder.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Agreed, no need to run two networks for your four controllers.  Generation 1, 2, and 3 controllers will work just fine together.  The only limitations with the older controllers is they can't run at 500 or 1000k speed and can't run on an enhanced network.  Neither is an issue for you.

 

I'm running the tso Showtime central which runs the 500k ELOR, so as long as I get gen 3 controllers I'll be good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Joshb said:

I'm running the tso Showtime central which runs the 500k ELOR, so as long as I get gen 3 controllers I'll be good

You also need a Pro license to run ELOR so please fill in your profile so we can see what you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Joshb said:

I'm running the tso Showtime central which runs the 500k ELOR, so as long as I get gen 3 controllers I'll be good

There is Can,

and there is Must. 

Not knowing much (if any) about the TSO package.  Does the (purchased TSO ) show require 500K or enhanced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joshb said:

I'm running the tso Showtime central which runs the 500k ELOR, so as long as I get gen 3 controllers I'll be good

Don't need to spend the money (at least not yet).  Until you get into pixels, there is ZERO need to run at 500K, and almost zero need to run an enhanced network.  The only reason that you would NEED to run an enhanced network is if you are using motion effects (not needed for a display with only a few AC controllers).  Use the money for other stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

You also need a Pro license to run ELOR so please fill in your profile so we can see what you have.

I have the pro that came with the kit, but my laptop encountered a problem with the install disc, so in the meantime I had to download from the website. I'll update it this evening.

Edited by Joshb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Don't need to spend the money (at least not yet).  Until you get into pixels, there is ZERO need to run at 500K, and almost zero need to run an enhanced network.  The only reason that you would NEED to run an enhanced network is if you are using motion effects (not needed for a display with only a few AC controllers).  Use the money for other stuff.

 

I'm running the tso Showtime central and that show does have motion effects. I'm not programming anything yet, just using the sd card right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

There is Can,

and there is Must. 

Not knowing much (if any) about the TSO package.  Does the (purchased TSO ) show require 500K or enhanced?

It stated that some older controllers can't keep up with the 500k running the enhanced LOR. That's in the troubleshooting that I found. I have a buddy with a gen 3 I'm going to try later this evening. I wish I could upload the picture of that paragraph but it's too large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joshb said:

I have the pro that came with the kit, but my laptop encountered a problem with the install disc, so in the meantime I had to download from the website. I'll update it this evening.

Pro does not come with the kit Basic Plus does. You have to pay an extra $140 or something like that for the Pro upgrade. Did you pay for Pro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Pro does not come with the kit Basic Plus does. You have to pay an extra $140 or something like that for the Pro upgrade. Did you pay for Pro?

You better check again. TSO version 1 came with basic plus. Mine is TSO version 2 that comes with pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Joshb said:

You better check again. TSO version 1 came with basic plus. Mine is TSO version 2 that comes with pro.

I think you are talking about the controller- not the software. The pro controller is in a metal enclosure. Residential is in a plastic enclosure.

Mr. P is referring to the Pro version of LOR software- loom by our user names

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Joshb said:

You better check again. TSO version 1 came with basic plus. Mine is TSO version 2 that comes with pro.

This is why we are are asking. You never stated any of this in you your original post and your profile isn't filled out so we don't know what you're working with when you ask questions.

So no, I don't need to check again. You just need to provide the info if you want any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

This is why we are are asking. You never stated any of this in you your original post and your profile isn't filled out so we don't know what you're working with when you ask questions.

So no, I don't need to check again. You just need to provide the info if you want any help.

I can’t find any info on what the op refers to.

A link to the item would be great.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I can’t find any info on what the op refers to.

A link to the item would be great.

JR

http://store.lightorama.com/tsoshcestpa.html

I think I did that right. Sorry Mr. P, I didn't mean to sound hateful, it's hard to set the tone in writing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joshb said:

http://store.lightorama.com/tsoshcestpa.html

I think I did that right. Sorry Mr. P, I didn't mean to sound hateful, it's hard to set the tone in writing. 

That’s better, I didn’t know they offered that.

That give you a sequence with RGB props as well.

In order for your lights to work properly you probably have to either create your own channel config or a sign your AC controllers the same u it ids as the written AC controllers have.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

That’s better, I didn’t know they offered that.

That give you a sequence with RGB props as well.

In order for your lights to work properly you probably have to either create your own channel config or a sign your AC controllers the same u it ids as the written AC controllers have.

JR

I'm guessing so if you buy them, I didn't, just the startup kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joshb said:

I'm guessing so if you buy them, I didn't, just the startup kit.

No, the sequence includes those prop (coding).

You have to purchase the other props in the drop down.

I believe it’s a new user terminology error.

You’ll get the hang of the terminology pretty soon.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

No, the sequence includes those prop (coding).

You have to purchase the other props in the drop down.

I believe it’s a new user terminology error.

You’ll get the hang of the terminology pretty soon.

JR

Yeah, I'm pretty lost with anything past LED or this stuff so far. I'm going to attempt to hook up other gen3 boxes from a friend later this evening to see if it works or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...