Light-O-Rama Forums
asl9622

CMB24 Short Circuit Fix

Hey everyone,

I shorted a channel on my cmb24d. I would usually send it to lor for a repair but I need this board for next week. Anyone know how to fix the short? Basically the channel stays always on green when a light strip is attached. Thanks for any help!

5 minutes ago, asl9622 said:

Hey everyone,

I shorted a channel on my cmb24d. I would usually send it to lor for a repair but I need this board for next week. Anyone know how to fix the short? Basically the channel stays always on green when a light strip is attached. Thanks for any help!

The only fix is to replace the blown mosfet, easy to do if you know basic soldering.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/NXP-Semiconductors/PSMN022-30PL127/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMshyDBzk1%2FWiy8mkjihaa%2bLT7ikOfKaAiM%3D

• Thanks 1

Just now, asl9622 said:

Thank you so much!

Since you are in Georgia if you are near the Grayson, Lawrenceville area I can give you one as I always keep spares.

23 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Since you are in Georgia if you are near the Grayson, Lawrenceville area I can give you one as I always keep spares.

I do live in the area and really appreciate the offer! Luckily the mouser order will make it here in time. I bought a few spares as backups. Thank you again for the link and advice!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, asl9622 said:

I do live in the area and really appreciate the offer! Luckily the mouser order will make it here in time. I bought a few spares as backups. Thank you again for the link and advice!

You live in the area? Would you be Vinyard Christmas?

8 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You live in the area? Would you be Vinyard Christmas?

I am not. I actually haven't heard of Vinyard Christmas. I am more Lawrenceville and Suwanee area.

6 minutes ago, asl9622 said:

I am not. I actually haven't heard of Vinyard Christmas. I am more Lawrenceville and Suwanee area.

They are a lightshow in Lawrenceville.