Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
morden11

CCP 200 pixels - Not showing the right colors (help!)

Recommended Posts

Hey all,

So I unboxed the CCC controller and have plugged in 2 sets of '50' CCP strings that came in the box with it.   Specifically, each string is 100 pixels, with two strings of '50' connected so a total of 200 bulbs on the controller when all is said and done.  This was how the unit was purchased online.

When I do a hardware test and when I fired a live Sequencer test, what happens is the first 50 pixels on each string show one color (the color dictated by the show) and the second 50 pixels on each string show something else.

Any idea why all 100 pixels aren't showing the same colors?

Edited by morden11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, morden11 said:

Hey all,

So I unboxed the CCC controller and have plugged in 2 sets of '50' CCP strings that came in the box with it.   Specifically, each string is 100 pixels, with two strings of '50' connected so a total of 200 bulbs on the controller when all is said and done.  This was how the unit was purchased online.

When I do a hardware test and when I fired a live Sequencer test, what happens is the first 50 pixels on each string show one color (the color dictated by the show) and the second 50 pixels on each string show something else.

Any idea why all 100 pixels aren't showing the same colors?

I'm having a similar problem with 100 CCB's...swapping the strings moves the problem. I have the correct colors during configuration but it goes waky when I try to run a motion effect in S5. I have changed the triplet colors (RGB, RBG, BRG, BGR, GRB, GBR) in the prop setup and CCB setup and still have the same mismatched colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, morden11 said:

Hey all,

So I unboxed the CCC controller and have plugged in 2 sets of '50' CCP strings that came in the box with it.   Specifically, each string is 100 pixels, with two strings of '50' connected so a total of 200 bulbs on the controller when all is said and done.  This was how the unit was purchased online.

When I do a hardware test and when I fired a live Sequencer test, what happens is the first 50 pixels on each string show one color (the color dictated by the show) and the second 50 pixels on each string show something else.

Any idea why all 100 pixels aren't showing the same colors?

If your pixie2 has the dip switches ensure they are all set to off.

That should fix it.

Take a look at my “Pixie configuration “ writeup under the General Hardware section on the forums.

They are all the same so the pixie number doesn’t matter.

I recommend using the HU to assign unit IDs and not the dip switches.

Also in the HU ensure you set the number of pixels to 100.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rockhammer53 said:

I'm having a similar problem with 100 CCB's...swapping the strings moves the problem. I have the correct colors during configuration but it goes waky when I try to run a motion effect in S5. I have changed the triplet colors (RGB, RBG, BRG, BGR, GRB, GBR) in the prop setup and CCB setup and still have the same mismatched colors.

If your pixie2 has the dip switches ensure they are all set to off.

That should fix it.

Take a look at my “Pixie configuration “ writeup under the General Hardware section on the forums.

They are all the same so the pixie number doesn’t matter.

I recommend using the HU to assign unit IDs and not the dip switches.

While in the HU ensure to set the number of pixels to 100.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, used the HU to assign Unit ID no dip switches, pixels set to 100. Problem persists in the one string, and stays with that string as I move it from port to port.

Thank you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rockhammer53 said:

Yep, used the HU to assign Unit ID no dip switches, pixels set to 100. Problem persists in the one string, and stays with that string as I move it from port to port.

Thank you

 

 

It the string then.

If new take a quick video and submit a help desk ticket and LOR should prob replace it. You’ll prob have to send the problematic one back.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much what I was thinking too.

 

Yes, just received the CCB package last Friday...the clearance deal...Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question since we have two posters with similar situations. Are you both using the original CCP controllers or the newer CCP 2? Those original controllers are 5v so 100 pixels/bulbs may be a stretch without power injection for the second 50. The geneal rule is 50 pixels for 5v and 100 pixels for 12v before needing to inject power. The voltage drop can also cause colors to go wonky on the second string of 50.

Edited by Mr. P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, morden11 said:

Hey all,

So I unboxed the CCC controller and have plugged in 2 sets of '50' CCP strings that came in the box with it.   Specifically, each string is 100 pixels, with two strings of '50' connected so a total of 200 bulbs on the controller when all is said and done.  This was how the unit was purchased online.

When I do a hardware test and when I fired a live Sequencer test, what happens is the first 50 pixels on each string show one color (the color dictated by the show) and the second 50 pixels on each string show something else.

Any idea why all 100 pixels aren't showing the same colors?

I failed to see this with my initial reply.

It may not matter with the pixie2 however I would ask the HD if the pixie2 is supported in your LOR software version.

A good way to check is open HU and then open the pixie config tab and see if it will allow you tot change the # of pixels from 50 to 100.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pixie controllers are not supported in the OP's original post if they are still running ver. 3.10.14 as their profile shows.

I only bring up the controller type because Rockhammer mentioned that he got the lights in the clearance deal. All the lights in the clearance deal are WS2801 5v lights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Are we talking the correct controllers ?

.These are two strings in parallel from the controller (CB100D DMX) not in series. According to the online info, if more than two strings are in series, then power injection would be required. There are two ports on this controller,  and two supplied strings, which should work with this controller as indicated in the documentation. NO additional strings or extra load. I was also led to understand these are 9301 type pixels @ 12vdc..

Since the problem follows the one string when moved to the alternate port and back, in my thinking it would be most likely a miswired string. On the string showing the correct colors, when yellow is displayed, the second string displays violet/purple and red on the good string displays as blue on the bad string. I have reset the triplet colors running the six possible combos with the results properly changing on the good string yet the bad string still is incorrect. And no, I havw not put a meter on the power to check.

Edited by Rockhammer53

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rockhammer53 said:

 

Are we talking the correct controllers ?

.These are two strings in parallel from the controller (CB100D DMX) not in series. According to the online info, if more than two strings are in series, then power injection would be required. There are two ports on this controller,  and two supplied strings, which should work with this controller as indicated in the documentation. NO additional strings or extra load. I was also led to understand these are 9301 type pixels @ 12vdc..

Since the problem follows the one string when moved to the alternate port and back, in my thinking it would be most likely a miswired string. On the string showing the correct colors, when yellow is displayed, the second string displays violet/purple and red on the good string displays as blue on the bad string. I have reset the triplet colors running the six possible combos with the results properly changing on the good string yet the bad string still is incorrect.

Its the pixel 101 that "may" need PI. I have several strands way over the 101 with my pixie16's that I have not use PI and some are 3 years old. No problems. 

However you are correct, it could be the wire connectors.

It brings me to a point.

I recommend that anyone with the green connectors turn the screws all the way down "counterclockwise" and watch that the bottom piece of metal is moving downward. Then place the wire in and turn the connector clockwise to tighten.

A few years ago some bad green connectors were shipped and they were reversed where counter clockwise tightened the wires. I and several others received them. Mike did get involved and told us that there may have been some bad connectors shipped. That is a while ago and I bring it up just to ensure others are not placing the wires between the bottom metal and tightening down towards the plastic instead of sandwhiching between the top and the bottom metal tabs.

A couple weeks ago I helped someone on the telephone and they did that and we finally got them up and running.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have three more of these CCB100D controller/bulb sets aboard UPS  headed my way as we chat, I will be comparing oranges to oranges by next week, thanks for the suggestions, LOTS of useful knowledge here !

Jim

EE since 1985, LOR since 2013...still lots to learn !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, Mr. P said:

Pixie controllers are not supported in the OP's original post if they are still running ver. 3.10.14 as their profile shows.

I only bring up the controller type because Rockhammer mentioned that he got the lights in the clearance deal. All the lights in the clearance deal are WS2801 5v lights.

Yes, Mr. P

these are WS2801 5v lights. on rechecking...sorry, I have a multitude of pixel types floating around my shop...thanks for catching that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so I figured it out.  I did not do a show last year (did one in 2017 though).  Simply put, my software was out of date.  Once I updated the software license and version, they tested fine.  I have a different issue with them that I'll describe in a separate thread but for this one, I didn't realize the new CCP/CCR/CCB controllers required a software update when I posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...