Light-O-Rama Forums

Putting it all Together - Multiple Pixel Sequences

BluMan

Ok, maybe I've having some huge mental block going on but I just can't figure out how to do this:

I have a sequence that plays my Pixel tree just fine and a different sequence that plays my Matrix just fine (same song).

Now, I want to have one sequence that plays both the Pixel tree and the Matrix and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that.  I thought I saw a video on it somewhere but now I can't seem to find it.  I think my brain is fried.

Here's where I am:

I opened up the sequence in Sequence editor that uses my Pixel tree.

I then add two devices to the bottom of the sequence (Pixcon 16's) and configure them with the correct starting unit ID's.  I added two because my Matrix is 24 channel.

Now I don't know how to get my Matrix sequence into those two new devices that I added to the Pixel tree sequence.

- I've opened Superstar and tried to Select All and then copy, but there is no paste option in Sequence Editor.

- I've opened the Matrix sequence in Sequence editor and can't seem to copy it to the other window.  My exported sequence says "Pixel Editor and Superstar Props" and it's all teal colored with some pattern on it.  I exported it as a intensity file for a new sequence.

Help!  I've always been able to get the props to work separately in separate sequences but now I want to test all of them together and don't know how.  I'm sure it can't be as hard as I'm making it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

You can't actually combine sequences. You will have to choose one to be you main sequence then add the controllers and channels. Then you will have to copy & paste the sequencing. So if you chose the sequence with the tree to be the main sequence you will have to add the matrix controller and channels to the bottom then copy &paste the matrix sequence. The teal color means you exported SS as a intensity file so you may have to export again into the new sequence. If you want to export and see the channels then you need to export in Legacy Format.

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

You can't actually combine sequences. You will have to choose one to be you main sequence then add the controllers and channels. Then you will have to copy & paste the sequencing. So if you chose the sequence with the tree to be the main sequence you will have to add the matrix controller and channels to the bottom then copy &paste the matrix sequence. The teal color means you exported SS as a intensity file so you may have to export again into the new sequence. If you want to export and see the channels then you need to export in Legacy Format.

Thanks Mr. P  That was enough information for me to be successful.  Thanks again!