Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop trigger

rearview67

Sorry I was trying to keep it simple.  Basically I have a light O-Rama show.  2 16 channel controllers.  5 musical sequences.  In between each song I created a Thunder and lightning sequnce that will play.  I want to incorporate a prop to be automatically triggered during the Lightning sequence.  The prop has its own controller that can triggered by several different means.  push button, motion sensor etc.  So instead of a person triggering the prop by pushing the button, i want one of my light o Rama channels to close the NO switch (the red button).   Hope this makes sense.

Just to mention, I can’t plug the prop directly into the light o Rama controller because it needs its own prop controller for the functions it uses.  It controls a solenoid that I program for the prop.  

6 minutes ago, rearview67 said:

Sorry I was trying to keep it simple.  Basically I have a light O-Rama show.  2 16 channel controllers.  5 musical sequences.  In between each song I created a Thunder and lightning sequnce that will play.  I want to incorporate a prop to be automatically triggered during the Lightning sequence.  The prop has its own controller that can triggered by several different means.  push button, motion sensor etc.  So instead of a person triggering the prop by pushing the button, i want one of my light o Rama channels to close the NO switch (the red button).   Hope this makes sense.

16 channel controllers are AC

The trigger DETECT circuit is 5VDC.    Also  AFAIK LOR does not have a Hand attachment to push a button 😛 

You would need a 120VAC relay to close a contact (could be wired in parallel with the switch  Seems like an costly use of a LOR channel (most of us never have enough of those available)

48 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

What is your question ?   can a person push the button and for what reason ? what are you trying to do ?

22 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

16 channel controllers are AC

The trigger DETECT circuit is 5VDC.    Also  AFAIK LOR does not have a Hand attachment to push a button 😛 

You would need a 120VAC relay to close a contact (could be wired in parallel with the switch  Seems like an costly use of a LOR channel (most of us never have enough of those available)

You sir are exactly correct!  

4F6E531C-B810-4C80-A38B-9CBC6357A978.jpeg

• The topic was locked