Light-O-Rama Forums

Thanksgiving is late

Mr. P

Thanksgiving is so late in the month this year it looks like shows will be running a week shorter for those who start the day afterwards. But look at the bright side, it gives you an extra week of prep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Thanksgiving is so late in the month this year it looks like shows will be running a week shorter for those who start the day afterwards. But look at the bright side, it gives you an extra week of prep.

Late???   It's always the 4th Thursday in November.  It just looks late because of the way dates are on the calendar for 2019.

20 minutes ago, Orville said:

Late???   It's always the 4th Thursday in November.  It just looks late because of the way dates are on the calendar for 2019.

Yes late, last year it was on Nov 22 so you had an entire week before Dec. So yes it is later in the month this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Yes late, last year it was on Nov 22 so you had an entire week before Dec. So yes it is later in the month this year.

So we just start our shows a week earlier then. :D

You are being a little snarky today Orv.   Just like like the day of month Thanksgiving is on moves,  the show schedule moves with it.   

Since I don't set out any Christmas props until after Halloween,  the set up start moves. 

The number of show days moves also as I take mine down the first Saturday or Sunday after New years eve.   (First day not at work)

This year there are 6 more setup days and 6 fewer show days than last year.

ThanksgivingDates.jpg

• Thanks 1

Naw, just pulling Mr. P's chain and having a little fun with him.  That's all. :lol:

After all, less days = smaller power bill, since the display gets cut by a few days/or a week. ;)

29 minutes ago, Orville said:

Naw, just pulling Mr. P's chain and having a little fun with him.  That's all. :lol:

I've been around long enough to take Orville with a grain of salt.  😁

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I've been around long enough to take Orville with a grain of salt.  😁

I prefer pepper myself. 🤣🤣🤣

• The topic was locked