Light-O-Rama Forums

Colour Orange not displaying properly

grouptcl

Anyone else having issues displaying anything in Orange ? 
I am setting up for Halloween and any color I select shows up more as a yellowish color rather than Orange.

Anyone has the RGB code for a real orange color ?

Facts:
String reacts to original colors properly: red, Blue, Yellow, White etc.
This happens on strings from different sources
Please advise

Edited by grouptcl

You should be able to go to any drawing app (MS Paint works fine) and go to the color picker tool and pick out an orange and get the RGB values. Here's one I did in about 2 mins....

Capture.JPG

I've had this problem for the past few years.  Each brand controller puts out a different variation.  I've had to adjust the contrast of each prop depending on the controller.  I only had to do it to one prop per controller, then copy it to the rest of the props on each controller.

Orange is one of the harder colors to get to look right.  Hook up the real lights (preferably in the intended location), and use the Hardware Utility to adjust the levels until you get the color you want.  As I recall, most of my lights are using something like 100% red and 10 - 15% green.  Different lights WILL be different.  Different mounting locations will also have an effect.  For example, lights mounted in front of a white wall will look different than the same lights mounted in front of red brick.

9 hours ago, Little_b said:

I've had this problem for the past few years.  Each brand controller puts out a different variation.  I've had to adjust the contrast of each prop depending on the controller.  I only had to do it to one prop per controller, then copy it to the rest of the props on each controller.

I have now noticed this.  I have played with the different settings and found an acceptable color.  I confirm also that different brands of lights give different hues.  Thank you guys for your help.  I am slowly resolving  the different issues for my prop thanks to you guys.  Once I am done I will share a post of the final product.

Thanks again