Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
JRB

Updating to 5.3.8

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I updated to the newest version of LOR. I have never had any issues updating so I went to the site and updated and everything seemed to work great... Today I opened LOR sequencer and all the previews were missing so I opened one of my sequences and that brought up the preview but then it said a bunch of my groups were missing and my grids were all gone!! I had a song that was 100% done which is now all messed up! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH GETTING EVERYTHING BACK TO HOW IT WAS!! 
I tried going back a version but that didn't help at all.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be a long shot, and a help desk ticket may be appropriate.

Your previews are stored in a file called previews.xml in the commondata folder.

There should also be a backup of that file with a .bak extension.

Firstly make a copy of both files some where safe before you do anything. Rename the original .XML to something else, then chop off the .bak extension of the backup file.  Open Sequencer and see if anything good happened.

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it seems like my main issue from what I can tell is My groups got messed up and archived but when I tell sequencer to add them to my preview it adds them as props instead of groups....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For future reference, there is a grid configuration export in Sequencer.

Sequence/grid config/export.

Can't hurt and it might help if this should happen again

I tried 5.3.8 today with no issues so far.

Incidentally, I keep a separate backup of my Previews.xml file in a safe place, along with my grid config.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

For future reference, there is a grid configuration export in Sequencer.

Sequence/grid config/export.

Can't hurt and it might help if this should happen again

I tried 5.3.8 today with no issues so far.

Incidentally, I keep a separate backup of my Previews.xml file in a safe place, along with my grid config.

So the annoying part is that I had a copy of my grid which I brought back in and the preview but for what ever reason my groups are all jacked up.. They are in the preview but sequencer doesn't detect them so it says they are not there and makes them go archived.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded the file from your other thread and am trying to make sense of it. You have Channel Conflict errors, and only 2 props in this Preview have any network info assigned and they are assigned the same network and Unit ID. Was all this info in the Preview before? You have no Groups and No Archived props listed for this Preview.

If all this info was in there before do you have a .bak file, or any kind of backup file? S4 file maybe?

As far as your sequencing it's not right either.

Can you post a picture of your Network Preferences Page (be sure to click the Advanced Button to show all Networks on one screen) Like the pic below.

jrb2.png

Here's a video walk thru of the Preview i downloaded from your other thread.

Alan...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, default said:

I downloaded the file from your other thread and am trying to make sense of it. You have Channel Conflict errors, and only 2 props in this Preview have any network info assigned and they are assigned the same network and Unit ID. Was all this info in the Preview before? You have no Groups and No Archived props listed for this Preview.

If all this info was in there before do you have a .bak file, or any kind of backup file? S4 file maybe?

As far as your sequencing it's not right either.

Can you post a picture of your Network Preferences Page (be sure to click the Advanced Button to show all Networks on one screen) Like the pic below.

jrb2.png

Here's a video walk thru of the Preview i downloaded from your other thread.

Alan...

 

Hey Alan,

So I had some issues with the Halloween sequence as far as motion layers getting messed up but I have been able to fix that issue.. the biggest issue is what I was talking about in this thread when I updated. I was unable to attach the file on here because it’s larger then allowed maybe if you give me your email I can email it to you and you could take a look at it. I can also take a video of the file and show you my issues..

For what ever reason LOR tells me that the groups I made for my pixels isn’t in the preview but when I go to the preview they are there and when I try and delete them from the preview and redo them it still doesn’t see them.. 

 

thanks 

Jeff B 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff,

I'm on my way out the door, see your messages for a PM for my email.

Don't bother to send the Audio with the .loredit file.

What is going to be very helpful is to see your network Preferences (as shown in my earlier post) Please snap a picture of your Network Preferences page and send that along also. That way I have a chance of matching Networks Unit ID's to props. Right now what bothers me is that none of the props have any networks asigned to them (at least in the .loredit file I already downloaded) The sequencing (effects) issues are not my concern presently. A proper Preview is an absolute must for S5 to work properly, not only on your screen, but on your props as well.

Alan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, JRB said:

So it seems like my main issue from what I can tell is My groups got messed up and archived but when I tell sequencer to add them to my preview it adds them as props instead of groups....

Did you figure this out? I am running the newest version of S5 and mine did the same exact thing. It says my props are not in the preview but they are. I have the issue on 2 computers with one being windows 7 and the other windows 10. Let me know please. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

Did you figure this out? I am running the newest version of S5 and mine did the same exact thing. It says my props are not in the preview but they are. I have the issue on 2 computers with one being windows 7 and the other windows 10. Let me know please. Thanks

Is it whole props or groups of props your having issues with? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JRB said:

Is it whole props or groups of props your having issues with? 

Mainly groups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...