Light-O-Rama Forums

Extending CCP 2s for 150 pixels question.

Box on Rails

Hi all. I have a number of CCP 2 controllers and i have run 150 pixels(3 strings) on each run and they work great. But, I have a problem with one of them. the controller is my oldest CCP 2 which I purchased when they first came out. I have been running only 50 pixels on each channel for the past 2 shows with no problems. This year i am adding 100 pixels on each unit for a total of 150 pixels per channel. When i run my test sequence on the 150 pixels only 100 of them work. The end 50 pixels do not light up. It is not the pixels because I have plugged these 150 pixel strings into another unit and they all work fine. In the Hardware utility I have made sure this contoller has the most recent firmware and that the unit is configured for 150 pixels and the last 50 pixels still are not working. My question is are there jumpers in the controller that change the hardware setup fron 50, 100, or 150 pixels? Or am I missing somthing maybe? 

Edited by Box on Rails

Box

look at the power brick label. Are all rated for the same DC OUTPUT AMPS.

Are you doing Power injection at string #3, because the voltage dropped at the 100px point will probably be under acceptable limits

Just because 2 others work, does not rule that the all must work when you exceed normal limits. (I believe 2 strings ARE guaranteed)

• The topic was locked