JoeyD

21 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Check out this page from Microsoft

Or... better yet, just d/l the entire Internet. 😀

gotta go, I think I need more floppies.

Alan...

dl%20the%20net.gif

• Haha 1

The entire Internet in only 23 PetaBytes.  I would have thought a lot more :)

And Phil, I remember eight inch floppies!  Also, core memory, IBM punch cards, Teletypes, and the paper tape for them to name a few...

Heck, I have three semi-operational Teletype machines in my garage.

regarding the S4/S5 question, I made the transition this year and it is easy to open the s4 with S5 and then save in S5 when done.  As long as the channels match up.   Since the preview is integrated in S6, it moves the ones that don't to an archive list.    

With the shared ones, it is not uncommon to get a long list of things that don't match up if you use your existing setup (you can add the back in).   If they don't match up at all, there is an option to create the channels based on what it finds in the file.   You can then copy and paste out of it into one that does match what you have.   I typically did this in S4 too since my channels never match up with anyone's.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, dibblejr said:

Just today while firing up my show computer there were more updates. After the updates SE would not work (missing 2 dll’s). Upgraded to 4.4.4 and everything worked.

Yeah, I learned the hard way last year that once the show starts, I turn off all auto updates and even disable the WIFI so there is no internet connection. Last year about a week after I started the show, MS installed an update overnight that needed an OK click to reboot and finish the update. I didn't know it until I came home and everything was dark. Let's just say, there was a LOT of cussing that night. 

11 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Yeah, I learned the hard way last year that once the show starts, I turn off all auto updates and even disable the WIFI so there is no internet connection. Last year about a week after I started the show, MS installed an update overnight that needed an OK click to reboot and finish the update. I didn't know it until I came home and everything was dark. Let's just say, there was a LOT of cussing that night. 

Oh yeah, I never leave updates on once I start setting up.

I figured that after 8 months the first start up with all the updates installed. Started testing props and a week later more updates.

Oh well at least everything works.

JR

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Been there, done that, learned that lesson. The week before the show goes live I now disable all internet connectivity until after the show comes down. Nothing worse than coming home and the whole house is dark. Running inside and the computer is sitting on a "Reboot now?" screen. Then you cross your fingers, toes and any other superstitious thing you can do as I wait for the updates to complete and hope nothing breaks. Stress level through the roof until that first note plays and the lights start twinkling.

• Like 1