Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating Beat Channels

grouptcl

Is there a video / tutorial explaining the creation of the beat channels ?  
When importing shared sequences I see that the beat channels are not the same for everyone ?

How do you guys create the effects at the proper location (timing) if not using a midi file ? Surely there is a better way than by ear or else I am in real trouble lol

Your input is appreciated

Edited by grouptcl

You will never get a better way than a nice pair of headset. Manual is the only way to get what you want. Looks a lot more precise than the wizards.

JR

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You will never get a better way than a nice pair of headset. Manual is the only way to get what you want. Looks a lot more precise than the wizards.

JR

Yes sir! Even that cheap pair of sades you showed me really helped amp up my display. I can now accent different things in a sequence  that I could not hear before.

as far as creating things and beat channels, I use S4 and if you zoom way in and use the show wav form option, you can kind of see where the beat starts and ends. not all the time some songs that have a lot going on you won't be able to see it but some songs that have a distinctive beat you can kind of go off of the wav form to be able to see it. Best thing is listen to the song a few times and learn the beat. get the vision in your head of what you're wanting to do with different segments. certain sounds may sound good on arches other sounds like a cymbal sound would go good on icicle lights. It's all really a matter of preference. My first year I created beat channels, second-year I kind of went off of those but my third year I started just sequencing The sounds in to where I wanted them rather than wasting time creating beat channels. It will help you but eventually you will graduate on to just being able to hear it  and visualizing it in your head of what you want it to do at certain points at the song. 

Edited by GriswoldStyle

10 hours ago, dibblejr said:

JR

Except i am a more cartesian person with zero musical talents and no musical ear, i was looking for a more technically invlined solution...