Light-O-Rama Forums

No data received from superstar

Sijaan

Also, after fixing the bug I tried using Instant Sequence and Auto Sequence on the tree.  Your tree uses 7 channels.  It can be challenging to get Instant Sequence and Auto Sequence to look good on a small number of channels.

I experimented with a few things. I clicked on the Tools menu, selected Preferences and changed the orientation from horizontal to vertical. This makes it so "Instant Sequence" sees it as one row of 7 instead of 7 rows of one. I found that "Instant Sequence" looked better when doing this.

4 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Thanks for reporting this bug!

I duplicated the crash using a 7 tier 360 degree tree of traditional lights like what you have been using. I have fixed the bug so that superstar will handle it just fine. The fix will be in the next release. I will let you know when the next release happens.

Happy to hear! Can you tell me when more or less the next release will be?
Thanks!

2 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Also, after fixing the bug I tried using Instant Sequence and Auto Sequence on the tree.  Your tree uses 7 channels.  It can be challenging to get Instant Sequence and Auto Sequence to look good on a small number of channels.

I experimented with a few things. I clicked on the Tools menu, selected Preferences and changed the orientation from horizontal to vertical. This makes it so "Instant Sequence" sees it as one row of 7 instead of 7 rows of one. I found that "Instant Sequence" looked better when doing this.

I will do it vertically for sure, it looks way better!

15 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Can you tell me if it makes a difference if I'm using density of 5 or density of 10 If i'm using traditional lights?

It just controls the number of lights drawn on the computer screen. It has no effect on how the sequence is played to your actual lights.

The crash in superstar was caused by the bottom two tiers having more than 1000 lights in them on the computer screen. If you reduce the density of lights then superstar will no longer crash in the version you have. You probably already found that out.

10 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

I am not allowed to say when releases will happen. But I will let you know when it does.

Did this fix get into 5.3.8 (just released)?