Light-O-Rama Forums

will not open

jerry72

4 minutes ago, jerry72 said:

did a restart, still wont work. i know its something in my  pc but cant figure out what.

vis.PNG

Well, I will somewhat join your club.

Mine will open and I can open an existing vis file, however it will not load “properly” my new config file nor will it let me modify an existing vis file.

When I try to create a new vis the curser (pencil) is there but it won’t let me draw a string or strand. Just a dot.

Now I am forced to view individual props instead of a full vis.

I know support is gone or going away due to S5 but perhaps someone knows a fix for both of our problems.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Well, I will somewhat join your club.

Mine will open and I can open an existing vis file, however it will not load “properly” my new config file nor will it let me modify an existing vis file.

When I try to create a new vis the curser (pencil) is there but it won’t let me draw a string or strand. Just a dot.

Now I am forced to view individual props instead of a full vis.

I know support is gone or going away due to S5 but perhaps someone knows a fix for both of our problems.

JR

I am not a fan of S5 so i have stayed with this version.

So a little news on the war front, if i log out of my current user and go into a different user i can get the Visualizer to work. At least i got to see To the Bone faces.

5 hours ago, jerry72 said:

So a little news on the war front, if i log out of my current user and go into a different user i can get the Visualizer to work. At least i got to see To the Bone faces.

That tells me something controlled BY (usually a per/user setting)  appdata  is affecting this.

The problem is there are 3 groups (some are large) of apps SETTINGS.  These are for ANY app you have ever run/configured

MSCONFIG time. to start with disabling things that ONLY start with YOUR logon (the other stuff you can disable  is used by all users.)

Easy choices are things that preload for faster starting when users ask for that app. (you don't really need these, you just wait longer for that app to startup). Usuall the app has an option in its settings to enable, like LOR s control panel), but for the test. MSCONFIG to stop it from launching at logon. (these usually are launched from the RUNS section)

Does that original user have Admin rights or is it a limited account for some reason. It also may have become damaged. 

You could just set up a new account, start over,and transfer everything to it 

The fact that it runs properly under another account is throwing me off a bit, because when I first read what it was doing I thought you might have to run a chkdsk  on your machine. I would still recommend trying it, especially if the file that is prohibiting the completion of loading the program is somehow tied to a specific login profile in win10. The best answer would be if one of the dev's knew if a corrupted file in the user profile might cause the issue.

1. First, in your search box (cortana) type in either "cmd" or "dos"
  2. This will give you the command prompt executable file. Make sure to "Run as Administrator"
    1.  On most PC's you can choose this on the right
    2.  On all PC's you can right click and choose to run as administrator
    3.  You may get a windows scary prompt asking if you want to run this program, say yes. You really do want to run it.
  3. In the black command prompt window type what is inside the quotes "chkdsk -f"
  4. It will ask if you want to do this at next restart/reboot, say Y and hit enter
  5. Restart your PC

During the restart it will scan your drive for bad sectors/corrupt files, etc... It will attempt to fix and mark those areas not to use in the future.

ChkDsk.PNG

Edited by MichRX7

SO, i think the reason it would not open is because it could not find any files,  i recently changed the port that my external hard drive was on and because of it, nothing could find files, now that i changed the directory it now opens just fine

4 hours ago, jerry72 said:

SO, i think the reason it would not open is because it could not find any files,  i recently changed the port that my external hard drive was on and because of it, nothing could find files, now that i changed the directory it now opens just fine

Open the disk management tool (right click the start button on W7 >)

Change the drive letter range to a single letter ( 💡Put it in the middle of the alphabet. it will never clash with other portable drives) "L" works 😛

Then It wont care what port you use (I've had this letter stick across PC's, but that might just be me forgetting I set that one also)